Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I got a few questions dealing with reaver jetbikes. They are as follows.
1) Can reavers be tank shocked? (im guessing that they can be, but i mean, shouldnt they just be able to fly up over the tank?)
2) Can a squad of reavers screen a raider? (i know that a unit can screen if they are at least half as tall as the unit they are screening, but does the fact that the reaver is flying with the raider allow it to screen it?)
3) I've been adding some reavers to my army, and this is my basic squad set-up, what do you think about it? (im using the reavers mainly for tankbusting, but want em to be able to assault ground troops if need be)
-----2 w/ blasters
-----1 succubus with agonizer and haywire nades
Most ground troops don't have over toughness four (nurgle's the only one that I can think of) and the reaver's strength is already 4, so it'd just be better to give him a normal power weapon and save 10 points. With some of those points you might want to give him a tormenter helm so that he'll get an extra attack.
1) Yes they can be tank shocked.
2) No they can't - only terrain and vehicles block LOS to vehicles (rulebook clarifications)
3) The best setup for a squad of reavers is this:
6 reavers, two of them with blasters and including a succubus with power weapon, t-helm and haywires.
I don't have enough time right now to explain why this is optimal, but i'm sure you can figure it out yourself.
I don't know if its a good idea or not to give them blasters, not that I'm saying there badf or anything, its just that they range is to bad. Are they heavy weapons or assault weapons?
Blasters are assault weapons, but this doesn't matter at all because bike mounted weapons always count as stationary.
That's the problem with blasters on Reavers, the range sucks and it's a waste to mount an assault weapon on a vehicle. Now if they were dark lances, I might actually consider using them in my army.
Actually the blasters kick butt. Their range itself is short, but they are mounted on a very mobille platform. They have an effective range of 24" (movement plus firing range), and if you don't shoot in turn one, then you can hit a target which is 48" away from your deployment position in turn two. That's not bad, is it?
Ok, their assault characteristic is wasted on bikes, but so what? The point cost of the blaster upgrade of reavers is not calculated from the stats, but it reflects the efficiency in the game. You don't have to pay for something you don't get...
A reason why a no to #1.........They don't fly at ALL. Let alone over. They hover.
can the reavers fly over enemy troops like space marine assault squads can?
Neither jetbikes nor model with jump packs can move over enemy troops.
They allow you to ignore terrain, enemy units are not terrain - and by usual rules you may not get closer than 1" to an enemy model during your movement phase.
For jump packs this is also explicitly mentioned in the rulebook clarifications file.