New combo idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New combo idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

New combo idea

Okay, so I was bored of using the same old strategies and was looking through my codex for ideas. I had origionally been thinking about the idea of using thorpes and tyrants plus psychic scream to make a massive leadership sucker and had just read a thread or two on toxic miasma and then I came up with this.

Hive tyrant-162
    psychic scream
    2 tl devourers
    enhanced senses
    toxic miasma
    toxin sacs
    extended carapace

3 tyrant guard-135
    lash whips

3 zoanathorpes-195
    warp blast
    psychic scream

Total-492

Now, you set up the tyrant and guards infront of the zonathorpe. As long as the tyrant is between the thorpes and the enemy, it blocks line of site towards the thorpes and then you can allocate wounds towards the guard or tyrant as you see fit or you could have the thorpes infront of the tyrant to take hits. This would be a mobile fire base with all of the thorpes being able to shoot at different targets, the tyrant has small fire covered within the 18" circle, anything within 18" is at -4 leadership. Anything that assaults any of the units is going to be under the effect of toxin miasma and the guard will sap 3 attacks from everything they are in base contact with. I figure that by the time units reach them in cc they are pretty much dead anyway. Most ranged things could be taken care of by the zoanathorpes except in the case of long range lascannons or tanks which could be taken out by a lictor or two.

The only really hard problems that I can think of would be if there was an armorored company or other extremist list that was sporting like 5000 heavy weapons in it or something but then you could just use this combo as a damage sucker and have a lot of fast renders.

So, what do you guys think of the idea, does it have any merit or am I way over estimating it?

Last edited by Warrior47; June 28th, 2006 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Member Kklopio the scorpionfish's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound ok, but its very expencive.

It may be nasty, BUT you actually have to get the enemy to take a leadership test first.

pretty useless against necrons

Maybe its just by my conservative nature, but I think that giving 1 zoanthrope synapse would be a good idea.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this text to your sig to help him to world Domination
    <--If you hate me (you do: see*) click the phone
    If you don't (which isn't possible (see*)) click the star.
    *Everybody hates me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were fighting this I would just run away from it. If I couldn't do that, I'd pound it with ranged weapons until I brought down some of the guards or until I got a LOS from somewhere to the zoanthropes.

The zoanthropes are the power here, so you'd have to keep them well protected.

Certainly would be a good strategy if the enemy was assaulting you, but that doesn't happen to nids all that often.

The best use of it that I can think of is a way to ensure that NOBODY is coming for your anti-tank! (unless they're stupid, can't forget about that possibility)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

This is called the psychic choir technique, though not described as in depth (in terms of guards) as you have here if you search the forums for choir you should find similar topics

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

+ Reply to Thread