khorne themed dark eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

khorne themed dark eldar army

i have done conversions, and have a very khorne themed dark eldar army

fluff wise does it work?

a corrupt bargain to destroy slaanesh?

rules wise its dark eldar

conversions include berzerker weapon wielding wyches, khorne helm horns on warriors, khornate banners, and blood soaked raiders.

Haruko put that thing down

"its the pirate king"
    "its,its,its atomsk"

FLCL

DARK ELDAR 1500

We are not your worst nightmare--- We are your EVERY nightmare

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Khornate DE? Hmmm fluff wise I don't see that happening as DE are very into Slaanesh. Maybe it could be a troupe of Harlequins that have succumbed to Khorne, that seems more plausable to me.

Rules wise the DE list will work.

Sounds like a great army idea, got any pics so we can see?
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Dark Eldar are very NOT into Slaanesh. In fact they quite hate slaanesh for the whole stealing their souls and destroying their race thing, they just give souls to slaanesh to stall their own deaths a while longer.

A dark eldar/khorne alliance could be possible, as Khorne could chase Slaanesh away from their souls kind of like how the Laughing God does for the Harlequins.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

indeed, Dark Eldar HATE slaanesh. Slaanesh is the fact Dark Eldar must feed upon souls.

I agree with Bugs_n_Orks, his ideas could work very well.

Cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

News to me! Well they just seemed really slaaneshy to me at least, oh well thanks for pointing out my mistake.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

DE are indeed phrone to slaaneshi behaviour, which seems to have sparked the myty that DE worship her, even though the exact opposite is the case.

A Khoronate DE army would definately work as Khorne and Slaanesh are, if not enemies, not very fond of eachother. Actually there have been fluff in the past that described how CWE exarchs have turned to Khorne after having spent years focusing on nothing else than killing.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

The DE work together with chaos, they provide chaos with inflicting all sorts of suffering and pain upon the living, while in return, chaos grants them alliance and the immunity to effects of the warp. DE depend on chaos otherwise they would be just as vulnerable to extinction as the craftworld eldar. Our alliance with chaos is the only thing that keeps us alive, otherwise we would be just another fleeing craftworld.

Yet I dont see how you could make an anti-Slanesh army with wyches holing axes, it would look ugly and would drain a lot of money from the collector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Alliance with Chaos?

No. Chaos destroyed us, and even now, Slannesh sucks on our souls hungrily.

We appease this by either absorbing the souls of others to regain our own, or by using the other souls to buy time for our own.

DE generally hate chaos as much as everyone, as they caused our fall.

DE may take advantage of a chaos raid to gain something, or strike at the same time, but never confuse DE as actually liking or even withholding from attacking chaos, especially slannesh.

I reckon a DE Khorn army is quite fitting with the fluff, and gives you an excuse to use loads of skulls! and axes on your Reaver Bikers! Your lord on a mountain of skulls!

Red and Gold raiders! Bodies strewn on the front and on the bases!

Ahhhhh... The possibilities.

Good Luck! And post some pics! :w00t:
    minimalism is the key.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Fluffwise i don't see any evidence for a general enmity towards chaos, only against slaanesh *spits*.

In fact incubi might very well be followers of khorne...the whole Arhra story, glaives are khornate trademark weapons, they wear some sort of skull masks too. Keep in mind, bloodfrenziness is not a requirement for khornies; the blood god is also appealing towards those who desire cold and calculating martial efficiency.
    Oh, and DE do have a thing for skulls in general...but that's not exactly a rare trait though.
    Last edited by ArchonAstaroth; July 2nd, 2006 at 13:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

The Eldar race already has a god of Blood, death and Murder. He's called Khaine. Khaine fought Slannesh long enough for there to be any Eldar survivors at all. If they worship anything other than themselves or their master, in the hope of fighting Slannesh it would be Khaine, not Khorne.
    The Incubi are the original Scorpions, the ones who turned on the Craftworlds and went back to their true Eldar herritage.
    I think your underestimating how arrogant and conceited the Eldar are. They brought Slannesh into the universe. They dont bow to it or any chaos "god"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast