Rumours From Russian Games Day - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Rumours From Russian Games Day

Poached from Warseer. Who poached it from 40k online. I feel no guilt.
    Someone translated this from the thread where we say the pics of the Wraithlord.
    Wanted to give Eldar players a chance to mull it over before posting in rumours...

- There are no rules to represent any different Craftworlds, not even for USF
    - The Webway Portal is not included in the armory
    - Dire Avengers, Guardians, Jetbikes, Rangers and Wraithguard are the only Troop choices
    - Warp Spiders switched to Fast Attack
    - Shurikencannon faced no changes and costs 5 or 10 points depending where you mount it
    - Guardian squads are at least 10 guards big. You have to choose a platform. If you mount them in a transport they may not choose a platform but may be equipped with assault weapons instead - IMO that means here are the Storm Guardians to be found.
    - Costs and stats of most aspects remained the same, but their options increased.
    - Shining Spears became much better and cheaper.
    - Harlequin squads may include a Shadowseer and a Deathjester- The latter may field a Shurikencannon with a shorter reach, but as an assault weapon.
    - I don't have a clue what that new weapon of the Dark Reaper Exarch is - I guess, he may fire at a different target, but I must confess this is a wide guess/divination...
    - Fire Prism has BS4 in his stats.

Not a lot of detail. I'm sad to see no Webway Portal.
    Some of this stuff contradicts rumours we have already but all we have are rumours so I guess these are as valid.
    If guards have a min size of 10 does this mean we cant give them a Warlock and Serpent? Or is a Warlock and upgraded guardian, like an Exarch?
    The new weapon for the Reaper Exarch is a double barreled on someone claims to have seen by the way.

EDIT; above is the cleaned up version. In case theres any ambiguities people can see here is the original russian through an onine translator;
    New el'darskiy code - fresh rumors
    • all subject sheets on the peaces (including USF) in the new code be absent. Web Portal- A in the arsenal also no. Respectively all special rules, connected with the former sheets of artificial it is world in the new code also they be absent. Amin'.
    • in Trupsakh are furious avengers, guardsmen, Dzhetbayki, Rangers and VreyvGardy.
    • spiders they transferred from the division of elites into the division of light attack.
    • Shuriken gun with the retention of the parameters stands from 5 to 10 points, depending on that where it stands.
    • guardsmen now minimum 10 in the platoon and they ARE OBLIGATED to take platform. They can be converted in attack aircraft and then instead of the platform they can take assault weapon.
    • the parameters and the costs of the larger part of the aspects remained before, but their possibilities increased.
    • the shining spears became "considerably better - it is cheaper, but it is at the same time more effective".
    • the forces of harlequins can include Shadow Seer- A and Death Jester- A. The second can bear assault shuriken gun with the smaller distance.
    • one of the additional weapons for ekzarkha of the dark Of raschleniteley can conduct fire by shed and in this case has ARE.
    • fiery prism now has BS 4 according to the base.

Last edited by Gallowglacht; July 3rd, 2006 at 00:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglacht
    - There are no rules to represent any different Craftworlds, not even for USF

I guess I should put something in besides that. Hopefully this one turns out to be wrong as it conflicts with earlier rumors.

I'm glad to see we have a good variety of troop choices. I just really hope that the switch the wave serpent field for the holofield or we may not have that much to do with our elite choices.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I find it hard to believe that guardians will have to take a heavy weapon. Time will tell, but GW doesn't usually put that sort of restriction on a unit.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

Im not so sure. I heard they are recutting the guardian sprue to be 12 guardians and the Heavy weapon platform. I also heard that guardians role is to be sitting back with a platform while the Avengers take the more active role in the troop section.
    Sounds depressingly, uninspired. If their not changing things much, maybe its sadly true that our pychics arn't getting a big boost like Marines did. The Tau have taken a lot of our fast, firepower niche, so I thought Pychics would become more of a signiature for Eldar. Apart from some sexy models I might be a bit let down by our new codex...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglacht
    Im not so sure. I heard they are recutting the guardian sprue to be 12 guardians and the Heavy weapon platform. I also heard that guardians role is to be sitting back with a platform while the Avengers take the more active role in the troop section
    My problem is this: 12 Guardians would cost about &#163;15 to buy now (the 16 they have now is &#163;18 ), and the new platform is &#163;10. So unless GW is doing something very clever with the pricing, the basic eldar unit box is going to cost &#163;20+ if it has a heavy weapon present.

Maybe GW will do something to differentiate the units more, I just don't see it being that.
    Last edited by Rork; July 3rd, 2006 at 01:13.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

Sad thing is were both more likely to believe a rumour at a games day is wrong, than believe that GW would be generous...
    These rumours are third hand and distilled through an internet translator, not from a reliable inside source, so remember that when reading them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, this is bad news for me and my Biel Tan. i'm gonna go cry in a corner now.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

Amen brother, amen. I dont believe that after all the newer codexes getting more variety (doctrines, traits, books etc), we are going to end up with less difference and customisation. Lets just hope were being fed red herrings...
    ps I play Biel-Tann or vanilla.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

No craftworld differences? Have they brain-farted?
    What about Iyanden & Biel-tan? They need that thing to be fluffy. Need.
    I also play Biel-tan. How will I use my 4 Spider-2 Banshee army now?
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use a 3 spider 3 banshee army... And btw, Iyanden are in pretty good shape since wraithguard are troops.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast