Looted Vehicle Breaddown Test Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Looted Vehicle Breaddown Test Q

Ok, so the other night we had a friendly 2v2 game and I decided to test out a looted basilisk. Turns 1 and 2 went great, but 3, 4 and 5 I failed the breakdown test and rolled 4+ each time, "WAAAAAAAGH!".

My Basilisk was parked right behind a building using its indirect fire, so on my 1st failed test it went 4" straight ahead, but after 2" smashed into the building. What's the offical ruling on this? My friends and I were not sure so we just made the Basi take a dangerous terain test. On the 2 subsequent turns it kept slamming into the building so I just kept making the dangerous terrain tests and kept passing. Is that the correct way to go?

Also, though we didn't encounter it, the question came up about what if a looted vehicled went straight ahead uncontrolably into another vehicle or a group of troops (friend or foe)? What's the ruling in these 2 situations?

So 3 questions really:
    1) Looted Vehicle WAAAGH's into a building/impassible terrain?
    2) Looted Vehicle WAAAGH's into another vehicle (friend or foe)?
    3) Looted Vehicle WAAAGH's into a group of troops (friend or/and foe)?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

1. Id say it stops as late as possible.
    2.Friendly vechiles would have to move and the oppents would have to aswell if the armour was weaker.
    3.Id use Tank Shock rules but if friendly they should move out of the way.

I used the tank shock rules and common sense to figure it out but there might be a better
    way to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

In situations your describing we've done the following.
    1) if the vehicle is large enough, or terrain suitable, difficult terrain test
    2) the vehicle goes the required inches diverting around the building making for the closest enemy target.
    3) read city fight hopelfully there's something in there about this situation

To me the 2nd one has always made sense basically because the vehicle can't really harm itself due to hittig into a building, it can't due to GW rules tank shock and demolish the vehicle.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone walls, fences and trees don't tend to offer much resistance to heavy tanks in real life, so we usually do a difficult terrain test. If it passes and the terrain piece is smaller than the tank, the tank flattens the section of terrain that it rammed into. If the terrain is bigger than the tank and the tank passes, the tank crashes inside the building and has to do a difficult terrain test in following turns if it wishes to leave. In our games, flimsy wooden sheds and such like are not impassable obstacles to massive tanks. :wacko:

If they run over troops we usually do a tankshock test, irrespective of who's troops are run over. Using this rule, I learnt the hard way not to stand my warboss in front of his captured landraider! :x

For ramming other vehicles, we usually go by the size of a vehicle, the bigger being able to push another vehicle aside if it is smaller, while moving at 1/2 speed and after doing a difficult terrain test. This agreement came about when we had an instance where a IG tank was boxed in by a swarm of buggies, so we ruled that it could just push them aside to get clear. (as a real tank would be able to)

When making up new rules, we always try to remember that the rules we make in the game are supposed to be an abstract of what would happen in real life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

I like those ideas Badruk, thanks. My friends and I are currently simply learning the rules, but with 3+ games each under our bealts we'll likely start making some house rules and these seem like good ones.

+ Reply to Thread