Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I recently started playing 40K with ny friends. I have 4 destroyers 20 warriors 5 scarab bases and I have ordered a Lord. There are 6 of us fielding mainly shooty armies not sure what chaos would be. But me a chaos player and space marine player are the only MEQ the space marine player is tacticaly inept so I need not worry about him to much and the other 3 are Tau, Guard, Eldar with avatar. So I was wondering what you guys would reccomend next
i gotta say those opponants sound like you may never hit CC so id stay away from flayeds but wraiths would be nice and i dout C'Tan are worth it either but hey parias and a lord with scyth would make nice welcome gifts...and max out your D's but thats just me, everyone feel free to tell me im wrong.
edit: i take back the CC comment, if you can get flayeds, wraiths, scarabs and perias there by turbo and tele you could really REALLY lay down the hurt.
Last edited by bluealien 47; July 6th, 2006 at 04:55.
In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.
You should get a monolith it helps out a lot. i may not be a necron player but the are very dead;y to the space marines. As for orks i would do get a nice swuad of ranged weapons for when there running at you can shoot then once in close combat your guys or most of them will come back any way. But a good theing to have on the lord is the orb thing which lets the lord and any quad he accompiens tele any where on the table in the movement faze
A battleforce would give you pretty much as many destroyers and scarabs you need until and beyond 2000 pts, as well as a good load of warriors. If you don't want the warriors, proxy/ convert them into immortals/ flayed ones.
A monolith would also be a worthwhile expansion.
*In My Mind*
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!
I would recommend the Flying Circus.
Get yourself a foot lord and between six and eight Immortals. It's one of the Necrons' best weapons.
A pair of Heavy Destroyers would also be nice, as their Heavy Gauss Cannon will help you deal with the bigger/harder units and vehicles you'll encounter as game-size increases.
Finally, a Monolith. You can never go wrong with a Monolith. :yes:
WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons
Thank guys for all the help
Pariahs I think would be good in your situation. They can shoot with good guns, and go nuts in cc. this way you could shoot with them, then charge once you get in range, providing cover with the rest of your army. A Flying Circus would compliment this perfectly: they tend to draw a LOT of fire.
i disagree a whole lot with the previous posts.
sounds like you got some easy and some not so easy battles ahead. You'll win by using mobile firepower. This is where the Necrons excel. I'd not bother with CC as Crons are quite good at it, but the other armies you'll be facing will be better. Get as much Gauss weaponry in the list as you can. With this in mind I'd recommend the following:
- A core of 30 thirty Warriors. IMO, this is the perfect number for 1500 point lists and these guys can throw down some hurt to anything. A bolter with added ability to take down tanks.
- Add a Lord with a Staff of Light and Resurrection Orb and keep him inside one of your Warrior squads and at a maximum of 6" from your other Warrior squads and you have the best Troops block in the game. Nothing can be instantly killed without a WBB role and on those averages, half of them will get back up again. Thats, 45 Warriors average, for the points cost of 45.
- Destroyers, Destroyers, Destroyers. These guys shred tanks and troopers alike and will be able to outmanoeuvre most units to stay out of trouble. NEVER get them into CC.
- No Heavy Destroyers (65 pts for a 1-wound character who specialises in something the basic trooper can do)
- A unit of three Wraiths to go HQ hunting. keep them in cover until you can Phaseshift your way across the board and tie up his HQ. Wraiths are great on the charge but won't last long but for 123 points, it's a fantastically dangerous unit to have.
- Scarab Swarms with Disruption Fields. These are fantastic for taking out the Predators, Whirlwinds, and Fire Support Teams of the enemy. Moving as fast as jetbikes, they'll also take some punishment before going down. They'll need D-Fields though to make them worthwhile. And keep it to a unit of 8 for now.
- Monolith. Scary. Just scary. With the ability to teleport your troops across the battlefield, even out of CC, they're a great anchor for your force. Get one. NOW.
- Pariahs are a big NO NO for your force. Against some, they excel, but they don't count as Necrons so you'll Phase Out faster if you add a squad of these to 1500 points.
- Immortals are a great, mobile way of tearing through heavier infantry and tanks. They can fire and move, and are hard as nails. Perhaps get a second lord to accompany them.
Hope this helps mate.
Let us know what list you run.
Last edited by Quannum; July 10th, 2006 at 01:21.