fish'o'fury - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish'o'fury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fish'o'fury

I heard the term before, and i know to pop out of the devilfish 10" infront of the enemy and rapid fire. But is there any thing else? and does the enemy have to take target priority if they want to shoot at the firewarriors?

Hammer time

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well to answere your question. No they dont have to take unit priority because they SHOULD be the closest infantry. But they can target the nearest vehical with out the target priority test. But you say thats it? Think do this with 4 squads and just imagine all the damage that can be done. Not to mention the hammerheads that u got floating around and the battlesuits you have poping in and out of cover to disrupt the enemy. It is a fearsome tactic that is very difficult to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but won't the tank be closer to the enemy?
    Hammer time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

It is possible but I believe that they can choose wether to fire at the nearest vehical or infantry unit without the test. I mean a guardsmen squad should be able to choose not to fire at a tank if they only have lasguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

it says in the rulebook that vehicles do not count as a unit when doing target priority.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where does it say that?
    i only remember it saying you dont need a test if you're targeting the closest unit or the closest large target...
    so id say that if the vehicle is infront of the firewarriors you do need a target priority test to fire on the firewarrors

EDIT: infact, look at the example on the bottom of pg 19... the vehicle there is forcing another target priority test
    Last edited by Ling_Lover; July 8th, 2006 at 13:49.

Pye
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ling_Lover
    EDIT: infact, look at the example on the bottom of pg 19... the vehicle there is forcing another target priority test
    In that example the vehicle only forces a target priority test because the other two targets behind it are also both classified as large targets. I don't believe a target priority test is required; the closest infantry unit can be ignored in favour of the closest large target, so it follows that the closest large target can be ignored in favour of the closest infantry. Infantry and 'large targets' are kind of seperated and follow sepearte chains of target priority. If you get me. That's my interpretation; although, I admit I can't find a reference detailing this exact situation.

However, you can always disembark the drones from your devilfish, placing them in front of your Firewarriors, to force a target priority test. The most comprehensive (IMO) guide to the FOF can be found at the Guide to Mech Tau Tactica: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~leebj/FoF.html.
    Mech Tau: always outnumbered, never outgunned

Music Clan - "Go us!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must target the nearest enemy unit (troop OR vehicle) unless you pass a Ld check. You can ignore the closest troop in order to shoot at a vehicle, but not the other way around.
    Just out of curiousity, whats next? Maybe you can make an issue about the fact that GW didn't define the action of 'rolling' a D6 to actually mean dropping it in such a manner as to produce a random result; thus making it perfectly acceptable to just put them down with the face up of your choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of it this way. You've got a huge tank bearing down on you shooting all the way and you want to shoot what's behind it and ignore the tank without taking some kind of test?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Target priority deals with target type, if you want to shoot at something and its not the closest target of the given type (infantry or large targets) you have to take a check, but in the FoF example your opponents can ignore the fish and hit the FW because the fish is a different target type. Why would you have to take a target priority test when your only other option could be something you have no chance of hurting?

There's a large tank bearing down on you, but you only got a M-16, are you gonna be a retard and shoot at it or are you gonna shoot the dismounts?

Ex.
    1. I want to shoot the leman russ across the board, it doesn't matter how many infantry squads are closer, but if there is say a hellhound that is closer, I have to check priority.

2. I want to shoot a guard infantry squad with my FW team, it doesn't matter if there are vehicles that are closer, but I will have to check if there are closer infantry targets.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast