The odd couple: Nids and Eldar (need replies quickly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The odd couple: Nids and Eldar (need replies quickly)

Me(nids) and a friend (eldar) are going against a 2000 pts Black Templar force. We each have 1k. We obviously decided that he will concentrate on the shooting and me combat. Any ideas on a decent force for me?? BTW I have no Tyrant (I do have a FW malnthrope of a Broodllord though). The game is on Sunday so please answer quickly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stealers, raveners, broodlord, cc fex, cc warriors

i think that's it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

what? you want us to cloth and feed you too?

no one else will make a force for you. Get the codex out, number crunch yourself and then we'll rate it for you.

Alternatively Zartas in the army list section might make one for you if you ask really nicely.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually wasn't asking you to make a list I was asking you what is good against BT and if you could tell me how to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what models do you own? i think you should go stealer and warrior heavy. maybee backed up by a fex that can handle itself in CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Your key is going to be rending attacks and AP 3 attacks.

Zoanthropes have an AP3 attack, and they're synaps creatures so you probably need them anyway.

Also, your objective is to throw as many dice as possible at all times. You can obtain victory by throwing so many dice that your opponent has to go home and sleep before it's his turn.
    Seriously though, throwing thirty dice for an assault is going to do damage to even black templars.
    Add rending to that, and hopefully there'll be nothing left for your Eldar mate to do.

Even though your mate is using Shooty stuff, don't be afraid to use a shooty fex or Hive Tyrant, because they're generally better value and you can support yourself too.

G'luck!
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bt and space wolves are my main opponents!

you need hormies, warriors, and raveners. they will pin him down and block fire lines and all the stuff ur familiar with but they will help u get the charge, which is very important against bt.

on the other hand, this will mean your friend will get to shoot at less, which means any squads not in cc will have alot of fire coming at them.

main goal: hold stuff down, so whats left will be shot to peice, then mop up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I reckon, this is the one place to use ardrenal glands for initiative.
    Most templies will have I4. So by giving your basic troops 1 higher, that'll really hack him off.
    Catalyst is also an option, and you'll save poo stacks of points over increased Adrenalin for each nid.
    But with catalyst dead nids are still gonna die.
    Man, if my expensive troops were I4 and they were hacked to death by cheap ones simply because they threw more dice and attacked first then i'd be well hacked off.

And as soon as that happens, you've won.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news guys I won!!!! I used lots of genestealers and distracted him with a cheap devourer fex. And my friend used a wraithlord and avatar they took so much fire my nids got into combat by turn 2!!!!! It was a total massacre guys and thabks for the help.

===Richy===

+ Reply to Thread