Gretchin Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gretchin Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think about a army with six troop choices with 30 gretchins in each? That is 180 gretchins... I think it could be fun... :lol:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hmm... Sounds interesting but I don't think it would be hard to beat with a few tactical squads armed with bolters and flamers...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt I ever try that anyway, think about the paintjob...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone realize how many points 180 grots would be?

566 with naked slavers. fear them.
    couldn't the grot army have a looted basilisk? they might not have taken the thing, but they sure as hell could steal it.... what about a shitload of big gunz batteries?

"with a few tactical squads armed with bolters and flamers..."

:blink:

alright 60 bolter shots... thats 40 dead grots. hmmm.

so anyways lets talk about how the grot army would do if you lined them up, and cluster-****t em. that would put squads subject to probably around 60-80 shots of S3 ap - goodness. hilarity.

and the basilisk in the back with big gunz toted behind the thick mob would prove hysterical.

you just might be able to fill in the rest of the points with warbuggies, wartrakks, and other various models loaded to the brim full of grots.

i say go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Maybe I'd bring a bunch of Rhinos and run those miserable little grots over... hehe..
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would field an all-grot army any day. But a "You Can't Stop 'em all!" rule is necessary. OHHH!!! I HAVES THE IDEA!!! A new faction: GRETCHIN! Like a subfaction of Orks- they get their own Codex, like Space Wolves. Grot Warboss! Big Grotz! Grot Tankz! (Old, beat-up looted vehicles) Specialized Grotz- like Jump Pack Grotz, better armed Grotz, Grot Tank Killaz, with Krak Stikkbombz. HOW ABOUT A GROT DREADNAUGHT?! That would be so $#%$in' cool!!!
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could convert half that *****... like a grot dreadnaught would be a half-arsed killer kan..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old 1st and 2nd edition 40k grots were the pilots in Ork Dreads an Kans.
    A grot kan would be cool, picture a can with two legs and one weapon, either a power klaw or a Rokkit / Big shoota / or Scorcha. Armor 11/10/10, points 20. Clumsy and Orky.

WAAAGH da grots...
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol anyone think of any fluff? how did these grots break away from ork control?

or do theorks send them out to check out the area and give em equipment(not as good as their own) and thats the reason why u field an all grot army.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebel Grots, escaped from the overbearing slavers and struck out as freebooters.
    Pirate grots. Some wear eye patches an sport peg legs...dey say ARGH alot too.

WAAAGH&#33; da Grots
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast