Fearless warlocks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fearless warlocks?

Okay - here's a question: Wraith units are fearless - however they require a warlock to actually keep them from standing around looking stupid. Does the warlock become fearless too when he joins the wraithsquad, or does the entire unit lose its fearlessness due to his being in the squad?

This becomes very important if they end up making the wraithlord subject to wraithsight in the new codex! Come to think of it, it's pretty important for wraighguard generally - I can't see any good reason why they would ever run away, except bad wording of a rule by GW.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

In the wraithgaurd rules it states that if a warlock joins them he is also fearless....(look near the last sentence of the paragraph.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man...wouldnt that be funny. "sorry boys, I'm outta here!" as the wraithguard just stand around, staring off into space. Nah, he becomes fearless also. But depending on your tactics, you might not want your 35 pts each of wraithguard getting shot to the point they would NORMALLY take a morale test. There are cheaper units to take all the fire *ahem* USELESSGUARDIANSTHOSEPEICESOFCRAPAHEM

:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Raven
    Oh man...wouldnt that be funny. "sorry boys, I'm outta here!" as the wraithguard just stand around, staring off into space. Nah, he becomes fearless also. But depending on your tactics, you might not want your 35 pts each of wraithguard getting shot to the point they would NORMALLY take a morale test. There are cheaper units to take all the fire *ahem* USELESSGUARDIANSTHOSEPEICESOFCRAPAHEM

:yes:
    See and my guardians are the center of my army, so I throw some bacnshees out front to take all the shooting. that and a WL or two. then my guardians sit back and blast away with impunity. Or all charge and have fun outnumbereing 10 to 1. Ahh, the pleasures of fielding 132 guardians.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guardian heavy armies can defenatly work, guardians are quite decent for their points cost so..
    The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love guardians :w00t: , no matter how much the enemy fires at them they just keep coming and coming (until they are all gone) heh heh :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor_coteaz
    i love guardians :w00t: , no matter how much the enemy fires at them they just keep coming and coming (until they are all gone) heh heh :shifty:
    I don't know what it is, but I can make about 60% of my conceal saves, even though the rest of my rolling sucks. Works out in the end. All my guardians live, my scorps die horribly.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    I don't know what it is, but I can make about 60% of my conceal saves, even though the rest of my rolling sucks. Works out in the end. All my guardians live, my scorps die horribly.
    Funny, I have the same thing. 5+ saves i make decently (at least statisticly) and 3+ saves I fail time upon time. I really REALLY hate it when someone shoots 10 str 4 ap 5 shots at my scorps. I'm willing to accpet 2 or three dying but the damn thing is usually FIVE die. That's just too big of a chunk. But I guess it's karma or something cause my rolls usually completely suck for 5 battles and then I can't miss for a battle and then they suck again.
    The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

+ Reply to Thread