Legendary Army (New Codex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legendary Army (New Codex)

I saw that you guys created a legendary army list thread for the old codex. If it is okay with you guys i think that we should try and do it again for the new codex. We can post our battle reports from the new codex, come up with what units and equipment work and lastly work on fluff as well. Im happy to put in time and effort wih you guys as long as you are so lets go

Perhaps this time we could try a more stationary army to try a different point of view.

K, heres a link to the old one;

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ed-forces.html

Last edited by Gazboy; July 17th, 2006 at 17:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Must have missed that thread... Throw in a link, and stear this thing up. That way, we could get 'movin.
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thread is our mechanized forces. but that one is old so it's based on the old codex. this i guess this is the same thing but with the new one.
    LO The Musician Clan

W/T/L
    Tau 2/2/11
    Ork Speed Freek 0/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that was my idea.

So does anyone have any battle reports they could post so that we can start seeing what works well and so on.

Im thinking maybe we look at a fish of fury style idea. I was reading the smartfish post and i was thinking that you could basiacly work your squads in pairs with one smartfish and one normal fish using the normal fish to cover the smart fish, perhaps have 4 squads working in pairs with a hammerhead to help. obviously then fill the rest with support units. Perhaps even add a squad of kroot to cover yourself from fast units like winged hive tyrants ect.

Can skimmers be shot at past other skimmers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Should be possible, since you can target any unit you want if you pass your leadership test. And since Skimmers don't block "LoS" -Line of Sight - then you may pick on the unit behind two skimmers if you want.

I would like to see some Pathfinders uin a static Tau Army, and maybe some Sniperdrones... Even though I hate them, because they fit quite well in the Static style of play.
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i was starting to rethink the stationary thing since FoF seems to be working the best for Tau at the moment and so we could develop that kind of area. Stationary Tau are a bit cliched(i think thats how you spell it) in my opinion because they kind of fit into the whole known idea of Tau a lot. What do you guys think?

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

It seems to me that much of this Legendary army wont change much, because our tactics haven't changed much. The only thing that might change is the use of markerlights and 1 of the new units.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I believe that there are many new things that could be implemented into a "legendary army" based on the new codex. New uses for units, new units, new weapons, new wargear - things can change quite easily!

Gazboy, I kind of like this idea. Let's roll with it and see where it pops up. If you need any advice, feel free to send me a PM, but since you started the thread, you're the unofficial leader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to start this of lets start discussing ideas for an army list, obviousloy if you have any battle reports still feel free to post them.

I don't have the codex with me so can't add it up but i was thinking along the lines of:

1 Shas O - perhaps helios or fireknife

2, 3 man crisis teams 1 helios 1 fireknife (to add MEQ killing power)

4, 12 man fire warriors squads, each with devilfish, 2 with devilfish with smart missile systems

1 squad of 20 kroot, 5 kroot hounds

2 railheads

im not sure what that adds to, around 1500 (hopefully) what do you guys think and we can start moulding it to what we think. I should start playing with my army in the not to far future, i just made the mistake of thinking light blue army, and plain devilfish i don't have an airbrush....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of suits XD. that list roughly comes out to about 1800
    LO The Musician Clan

W/T/L
    Tau 2/2/11
    Ork Speed Freek 0/0/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast