genestealer list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

genestealer list?

well i am collecting witch hunter and i have a solid 1000-1500pt army worth $300-$400... but the more i play the more my mind says get stealers, get stealers... their name really speaks for themselves: steal

for 27 pts they can kill 40, 45, 46, and even 250 pt units such as termies and even the occasional land raider... they are so cool, to model, to paint, and to use.

i am just not sure if i should get them.

any advice on what i should do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Martyrdom
    well i am collecting witch hunter and i have a solid 1000-1500pt army worth $300-$400... but the more i play the more my mind says get stealers, get stealers... their name really speaks for themselves: steal

for 27 pts they can kill 40, 45, 46, and even 250 pt units such as termies and even the occasional land raider... they are so cool, to model, to paint, and to use.

i am just not sure if i should get them.

any advice on what i should do.

Thats twentyseven points PER MODEL. terminators are forty points per model. still, a twenty seven point stealler is not a good investment. i assume you want feeder tendrils? they look cool, but really are not effective (base Ws of 6). the most i would get would be scuttlers, ecstended carapace, and maybe scything tallons.

at twenty seven points per model thats 270 points for a squad. yes, they can chew through 250 point termies, but then they get shot to hell.

my advice is don't by to many upgrades. stick with Extended carapace or scuttlers.
    Feel free, however, to deck out the broodlords retinue. they deserve to look cool.
    it is very rare that a genestealer brood takes down a land raider.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

And welcome slayer!

Good advice there.

Yes gene's that get into CC can certainly have the potential to chew through anything. The trick is to hit the squads with enough numbers to do so. getting 3 stealers into a squad of 10 marines simply ain't gonna cut it. Thus many run with EC or scuttlers or both. Or simply go the naked route and use more cover. Lots cheaper, and you get more models. 5++ area terrain is free and fleet ignores it, and nids get move through cover, so your chances of being significantly slowed are pretty slim.

And yes, an all GS army is certainly something great to behold. Only problem is they will get shot to pieces, and you need equal or more numbers to really be effective once you hit CC. If you delve into a mob and get stalled out, you will lose, as a 4+ save with 2 attacks isn't going to help you against 20 swings back at ya. Just be careful where you run them, and try and go for squads that you can either decimate in one turn, or that really need tying up (devies=).

good luck with your nids, or your sisters/WH.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plz dont treat me like an idiot i dont want tendrils there is no pt unless you use them to help gaunts.

genestealer-27
    toxin sacs, EC, sything talons.
    12 is 324.

8 termies is 320.
    without upgrades.

the stealers would easily win.

yes that is great advice but i have already use it... not all my stealer are 27 i have 13 that are only 16pts so they will get shot down. then the carnifex will be getting close and will attract alot of fire. so my other 27 stealers and BL will mostly live to CC... i will have about 20 stealers, 0 fexs, 0 weak stealers by the time i assualt.

so yes i love your advice and i have thought of it, thanks anyway though, instead of gaunts i have stealers because with just +1T they live a hell of a lot longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

plz dont treat me like an idiot i dont want tendrils there is no pt unless you use them to help gaunts.

genestealer-27
    toxin sacs, EC, sything talons.
    12 is 324.

8 termies is 320.
    without upgrades.

the stealers would easily win.

yes that is great advice but i have already use it... not all my stealer are 27 i have 13 that are only 16pts so they will get shot down. then the carnifex will be getting close and will attract alot of fire. so my other 27 stealers and BL will mostly live to CC... i will have about 20 stealers, 0 fexs, 0 weak stealers by the time i assualt.

so yes i love your advice and i have thought of it, thanks anyway though, instead of gaunts i have stealers because with just +1T they live a hell of a lot longer.
    you realize that your post makes absolutely no sense, and your continued rage to people posting on your threads only drives people away. And i always run my Broodlord with feeder tendrils, great for killing skimmers and tanks. Or wyches, or ICs, or other Genestealers...or...the list goes on.
    8 termies will not be showing up on the board. usually figure groups of 5 with 2 assault cannons. so 240 pts vs 324- termies shoot once, 6 storm bolters, 4 hits, 2 wounds, 1 dead GS. 2 assault cannons, 1 rend, 5 hits, 4 wound, 4 more dead GS. You move, and are now within range to charge next turn. Marines (if in 12") move forward, shot, killing another 5 GS, forcing break test, then assault the last 2. 2 GS go first, 6 attacks, 1 rend, 3 hits, 2 wounds, one dead termie. 12 attacks back, 6 hits, 5 wound, 2 overly dead gs.

Throw other stuff into the combo and you may get thier. As to fexs, most smart people will ignore CC fexs for 3-4 turns, killing all the soft squishy stuff. and that leaves the rest of the army to kill all your GS in the 2 turns it will take to get there.

Recommendation, post a list of what you want to field. None of this _oh yeha, well da, I'll take a carni then, and gaunts, or lictor.... Just put up a list. Your GS lists mentions no carnies or warriors. take it from there.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tarzen does give some good advice. He might come off little strong but the advice is sound.

For nids it all about getting into CC fast as possible because we can not handle shooting to well unless you are fex or HT. Usually I run gaunts and stealers or hormagaunts and stealers. The first force (gaunts and stealers)I try to hit them all together on the second force(hormagaunts and stealers) I try to get my hormagaunts first to hold the up for a turn and next turn get the stealers in there. I usally will setup on one half of the board and try to overwhelm him . I have watch too many nid players try to advance across the whole board and watch them get shot up.

Also I try to keep my genestealers cheap as possible and think the best thing is just give them EC because it seem everything out there has an ap 5. Plus after that adding any upgrades to your units just become too expensive.
    I hope that helps
    goodluck
    bonekrusher
    PS
    You telling me that feeding tendrils allow you to hit vehciles?
    I think he needs a WS on that.
    Last edited by bonekrusher; July 13th, 2006 at 01:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well first i didnt say anything mean.

also i no he gives me advice... very good advice.
    but what i am saying was first in CC genestealers kill termies.
    i said that when they get in CC they will kill everything even a land raider.

bone crusher you have a good pt distract fire with gaunts so stealers will live.

ther are 2 probs with that first is worse save and worse T which makes them die ALOT!!!!!!!! faster. second is ppl wont shoot the gaunts they will ignore them and shoot the stealers.

but in my way yes i have less but they will shoot my stealers and end up not being able to kill my powerful ones after defeating my bad ones.

i like your advice and it is great advice and i am using it i am just personalizing it.

he is wrong tendrils dont effect vehicles they give you the preffered enemy ability which is infantry VS. infantry.

tarzen you said that ppl ignore CC fexs for a while... but these aren't CC fexs it is a Fex with 2 Venom cannons... that is 36'' Str.10 Ap4 Assault 4. Assault 4 beacuse my carni get 4 shots of it.

aslo i have a question: what part of stealer list to you not get stealer does not mean fexs and warriors.

my stealer list is broodlord, max of 83 stealers, max of 6 carnifex... and if i still have pts left i will get winged warriors... but i doubt it.

also warriors with rending claws and sything talons kick ass.

i was playing a battle and the enemy had 2 land raiders and 4 dreads and all of them were killed by stealers and warriors.
    Et Imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcism

We Shall Purge the Unclean, It Is Our Purpose, It Is Our Fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is wrong tendrils dont effect vehicles they give you the preffered enemy ability which is infantry VS. infantry.
    You are totally right about the feeder tendrils, a genstealer already has a high WS but when HQs and vehicles come around buying tendrils wont help there.
    tarzen you said that ppl ignore CC fexs for a while... but these aren't CC fexs it is a Fex with 2 Venom cannons... that is 36'' Str.10 Ap4 Assault 4. Assault 4 beacuse my carni get 4 shots of it.
    Ha I thought so too but there have been may discussions on the subject about buying two tyranid weapons and having them twin-linked or separate fireing weapons.
    I read them all, and it came down as exactly as the way it says in the codex,
    When two of the same weapons are given to the same model the weapons come together as twin linked, therefore having two shots for a venom cannon with re-rolls.
    It sucks in every way, I know.
    But it was proved on every thread that started on about it, and they all ended with the same answer.:cry:

So most people if not all that understand this don’t give two of the same weapon to their Carnifex or Hive tyrant,
    Devours are an exception.
    But its ok on warriors as they can only fire one weapon, so giving them two deathspitters will work, the guns becoming one weapon that the warriors can fire with the benefits of twin-linked.

Ps: I think a stealer swarm would be great, I might follow you.:yes:
    Last edited by AJ Tyrant; July 13th, 2006 at 03:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok sry your right about the TL thing but it is all the same.

man your the only one on this frickin' web-site that actually agrees with me.
    trust me when i say this a stealer army with good tactics is all you need to win. if you pick them and play using terrain right you are invinsable.

you should follow me into using stealers... and plz tell me what you have thought of using.
    Et Imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcism

We Shall Purge the Unclean, It Is Our Purpose, It Is Our Fate.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Unforunately feeder tendrils are bascially worthless in IMO as they don't help at all except maybe against a wynch cult and that is it (though you could use em to help gaunts but that is it really). Either way I find a genestealer swarm something really fun though hard to win with espically if the enemy has skimmers and such (tau with the fish of fury tactic would probally be the hardest) though it is still a sight to behold. From what my groups tyranids players expereice you need to get as many stealers in your army and if you have any points left (not likely though ya never know) you should get some carnifexs with some ranged weapons either 2 TL dev or VC and BS for anit skimmer support. So I would use EC and scuttlers as they are the most usefull and keep em cheaper then what you have and extremely fast as well.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast