Eldar conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Eldar conversions

While it's still speculation it sounds like a lot of the forces we have are going to become obsolete leaving us with piles of models we can't use (I for example have 56 guardians(it was a weird christmas) and it looks like I'm not going to be able to use all of them).

So I was wondering what the rest of you though about inter-eldar conversions.

For example
    guardian defender+gun extension-bitz+mohawk=dire avenger

Other units tend to look more different. But what about jetbikes to shining spears (I'm betting there are lots of people like me who got the battleforce and then reviewed the codex and decided to put the jetbikes into a baggie. And you could make spears out of b lances and shuri catapaults/pistols or just buy them for a little each.

Maybe vypers as jetbike upgrades for farseers/warlocks etc if it turns out they aren't half as good in the new dex (nerfcannon and no shoot and scoot) as other fast attack choices (spears, spiders, the supposedly boosted hawks)?

PS. I'm not saying we shouldn't buy new models. And I'm all for having extra models so you can play with your army list. I am just highly resistant to taking models I paid quite a bit for and throwing them away, shelving them forever, or selling them on e-bay for the price of a couple cokes because they're now unplayable.

Last edited by sunnyside; July 13th, 2006 at 00:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Im gonna convert my soon to be old stuff into Exodites, and just use some options from the new codex to have counts as units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as you actually do the conversions and not just play them as proxies I don't think there should be a problem with this. The conversion should leave little doubt about what it is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat of vengence
    Just how dark are these angles?
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault failed of success because dead men can advance no further"
    -refering to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at Beaumont-Hamel after they took 90% casualties in the assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guardians into dire avangers sounds like a pretty good idea =D

+ Reply to Thread