The Decapitator - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Decapitator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone out there play with The Decapitator? A few weeks ago i mangled a couple mandrakes and turned em into The Decapitator. I think he'd be quite good against some armies. I mean, you can deploy him anywhere outside both players deployment zones, and your opponent would never have any idea whatsoever where he is unti you reveal him...and if you roll a 6 to hit, he hits with double strength...not bad.

Once i find the time and effort i'll figure out how to post a pic of him, but he's pretty cool looking. I basically just chopped two arms off of existing mandrakes, put em on using green stuff and a hobby knife, then i took a spare DE warrior plastic head, and had one of his hands holding the head up by his hair (i first had to remove a splinter pistol from his hand). And just to give him a more dynamic pose i made his head face a forwards and slightly upwards like he was howling or yelling or whatnot. Then i just caked on the red ink on his blades and the severed head. FUN STUFF!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the decapitator is a mixed bag. Even though he is really cool and can infiltrate when others cannot, his bad points(in my opinion) outway his good points.
    Firstly, while you can attack at double strength on a roll of 6, the odds are against you my friend.
    Second, if you take him you need to take a squad of mandrakes, which I think are a point sink if you don't use them properly (4 out of 5 times you won't).
    Then there's the problem with how many points he takes. At 112 points, he probably isn't gonna be worth it. FOr 100 points you can get a sniper squad of 10 men (2 dark lances). Or for 110 points you can get an assault squad 10 men (2 SC, (2 blasters or 2 shredders depends whether you ar tank hunting))

I guess in the end though that it is your decision to field Decapitator. After all noone made a unique army by following the lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, you dont have to give him a squad of mandrakes, it says specifically that he is an independent character and may NEVER join another squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't with the squad of mandrakes, but he cannot be used if you do not have at least one squad of mandrakes in your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? i cant believe i didnt notice that...well no wonder they never bothered to make a model for him, who the hell would use him anyways! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the special characters in the game aren't worth their point costs, IMHO. I actually like having a squad of Mandrakes in a large game, but still wouldn't take the Decapitator. That 100 points would be much better spent by buying another Ravager or Talos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mandrake champ could probably work nicely if playing tau though. you could just set him up right outside their deployment line, and then rip up a firewarrior squad pretty nicely on turn 1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a whole 1500 points roster I feild for fun and nothing is on the board til turn three. :blink: I use Decapitator for this army, only one I feel he's good for. The Win ratio for them is small, since most times you fight Space Marines, but in every situation the enemy is shocked and awed by the attack. They have nothing to shoot at and nothing they can really do til turn three...all they know is there's 9 count them 9 mandrake models moving around the battlefeild that they can't shoot. With any luck on turn three all my deepstrikers hit, the drakes pop out of "stealth-mode" and decapitator hits. If the deepstiking reserves don't show generally I'm screwed, but I once again show, with DE, I have more tactics in minimal troops then they could ever hope to manage with the 13 bazillion troop choices that they have. I make them fear DE, and I eat some souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Decapitator. He's a very cool character fluffwise, and a fun conversion project. I don't know if taking him is a good idea (I'd say no), but he is cool nontheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At strength 3 I think he's useless. I'm happy with Urien Rakarth. Auto hit auto wound with destructor. Great.
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast