My nids paint scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nids paint scheme

Hi all, ive been away from 40k for about the past year and have recently gotten back into my nids. I finally decided on a color scheme, sprayed on blood red, bleached bone for chitin/bone, and finally dipped in minwax antique walnut gloss finish. I have to get pix posted but i wanted to know if you guys thought this might look good when the army is on the board as a whole.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhhh... that is the kraken colors.
    Et Imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcism

We Shall Purge the Unclean, It Is Our Purpose, It Is Our Fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually my nids are the reverse of kraken colors. They're blood red for skin and bleached bone for armor/chitin. They are also much darker than kraken colors because of the dip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRaven03
    Hi all, ive been away from 40k for about the past year and have recently gotten back into my nids. I finally decided on a color scheme, sprayed on blood red, bleached bone for chitin/bone, and finally dipped in minwax antique walnut gloss finish. I have to get pix posted but i wanted to know if you guys thought this might look good when the army is on the board as a whole.
    First welcome back to 40k. I think it's good you know where you are going with your paint job, you know where to begin and end. My concern would be with shading and highlighting. If the skin or as I call it exoskeleton of your Tyranids is only sprayed on blood red it will look sort of blank. I suggest you try to either drybrush a lighter colour onto them or ink wash them. This will provide your models with much more depth and bring them to life. Doing both the ink and drybrushing will look good.

You should also consider the joints on your models. That is the strange tubing and the bits at thier joints unsurprisingly. Try applying a stronger darker shade to these areas. This can be done in an alternative darker shade of red or you can use purple which is close to red on the colour spectrum. This method to change the colour is called staining. I you haven't stained your models before remember to only have your brush wet with a little ink. Don't have it loaded up with drops of ink as it will get all over the place.

You also mentioned you colour scheme is the reverse of Hive fleet Kraken. One of the mistakes GW made with this colour scheme was to paint the eyes red. There is already a fair amount of red on the models so the eyes didn't stand out. I would suggest you try bright green on the eyes for an alien look or bright yellow for a more fierce animalistic look. Well I hope this helps.:blink:
    Last edited by Leech; July 13th, 2006 at 20:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Sounds good, can't wait for the pics :w00t:
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

+ Reply to Thread