TankBusting? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TankBusting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TankBusting?

Hey ork players i play guard and im trying to help my ork friend kill my tanks. What are some tips on ork tankbusting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind im no pro.

ok, so tankbustas are pretty good, they have +1 to pen rolls and all of the have tankbusta bombz, which if you can get close enough with them, is pretty much goodbye to any tank, barring a monolith.

i havent used this but i've heard of kommandos with 5 men, one with rocket, and a nob with a rocket. you infiltrate near the tank but away from other guys, and get a back or side armor shot. definitley want to wait for more feedback on this one.

killa kans and dreads have strength ten with their close combat weapon, only thing to worry about is getting them there alive.

pretty much anyone with a powerclaw can kill tank.

ok thats about all i know. other people please verify if this is good advice or not, because im not the most experienced tank killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Burnas are one of my favorite all around weapons, and that 2d6 armour penetration is a whole lot of fun against tanks. However, it may take them a while to get close. So rokkits and lots of em are the the name of the game in most ork armies.

Other than that, he could try looting. I have a friendly looted russ that my Space marine friend simply hates. (something about it killing about 20 marines in one game....)

Orks lack serious long range anti-tank, so either loot some imperial gear, or hide till you can get close enough.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the ork's BS, rokkits (even en masse) are an unreliable anti-tank option, compounded by it's str 8. They will work, but it will seem almost a fluke that they do. The only reliable gun is the zzap, and it's a doozy: automatic hit, str 2d6 plus another 2d6 armor pen. That's right, it has a potential AP roll of 22 (since str can't go over 10) The problem is that they;re slow in gun batteries and easy to destroy in gun truks. The best zzap delivery system is in a battlewagon; it's carrying boys to get stuck in, so it's short range of 24" isn't a big problem.

If you plan for a full-frontal assault, as most proppa orks do, then put a PK on every nob: str 8 goes a long ways, and is especially usefull against walkers. "Haha, I have AV 12, your orks can't touch me. Hey, what's that thing?" boom. Large squads of orks insulate the nobs perfectly.

Lastly, if you want to devote your entire heavy support to it, kans. Yes, they get popped left right and center, but 9 (12 with the right clan) are pretty sure to get to your target, and str 10 is as reliable a tank popper as you see.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what Bellum_G said is right on the money, although I always run:

Battlewagon with Zzap gun with a squad of tankbustas or burna boys inside, or a big mob of 20 with a PK nob... Usually the tankbusta boyz for an extra shooty BW. I also run a squad of lootas with a razorback and missile launchers and two looked tanks. Usually plane ol' Lemon Rusts, but sometimes a demolisher and basalisk, or two basalisks... I also play a Loota army list when I'm not running my all looted ork Armored Company...

Tankbusting is always hard for us orks, but getting lots of boys shot up on the way in is the only way the other armies have a chance against us so it's OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I normally go with a squad of tankbusta's with four rockets. Including the nob with three or four ammo runts. This will allow me to reroll any to hits on those vital shots...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally run with rokkits in all of my melee mobs and have them shoot any tanks on the way to the enemy lines. Add in the threat of burna boyz and pk nobz headed towards them and it means that they have a fair amount of anti-tank hurt headed their way. Throw in some krak-armed stormboyz for added headaches for the enemy.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Yeah. Battlewagons are a good, albiet expensive way of getting rid of tanks.

If your opponents don't mind, then look in one of the Imperial Armour books (might be an update) for a "Gun Wagon".

This is basically a Gun Trukk, with Battlewagon armour. For all other purposes, it's a Battlewagon, but is about half the cost.

That, or Tankbustas are often good.

But if you want a nice, cheap way of dealing with it, I find 3 Rokkit Buggies are a great way. They can zoom from cover to cover, and get a bead on the side armour of tanks. with 13" movement, it shouldn't be too hard to do on larger boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buggies all the way!!!!

i use three buggies each as a separate choice...with redpaint, armour plates, and a rokkit!

zoom em up 1st turn, either behind cover, or just right next to the tank. then drive through the terrain (take the dangerous terrain test for vehicles, if you get immobilized, well...) then shoot. most of the time they will be ignored but if they're not thats less shooting at everything else.

i also use 5 tankbustas with 4 rokkits, n a mek with a rokkit. dont even try to use their bombs unless the tank rolls close enough to assault it...otherwise STAY IN COVER!

then give every trukk a rokkit,

my warboss and nobz have combi rokkits on their mega armour.

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of 5 ork Badmoon Flashgitz mobs (taken as troop and elite choices), each with 5 rockit launchas (Nob has one as well), and some ammo runts. 45 rockits each round should do the trick. :yes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast