How are eldar doing at tournys this year - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

How are eldar doing at tournys this year

Usually one of my arguments against people who think eldar in general are cheese is that for years when you look at the tournament results over a season and tally up how often each army made it into the top 3 for battle scores the eldar aren't close to taking the number one spot (and more often than not they themselves are using one of the 2-3 armies that are competing for it).

However I had someone tell me that this year Eldar are dominating tournaments left and right. Can anyone confirm if this is BS? If it isn't could you confirm that it's an anomaly due to all the cityfighting.

Of course I suppose they could still claim that craftworlds are cheese or that eldar players are constrained by fear of bad comp and sportsmanship scores, but still it's nice to have the fact that other generals with their codex don't have a problem with Eldar, and those generals didn't have to sacrifice their comp scores to win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Eldar won the latest GT. And the Eldar can be made in to one of the cheesiest armies around, can't deny that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

We can flood the field with falcons or wraithlords, and can Sam-hain up a ton of starcannons. And I might be inclined to call them cheese because some armies will have a very hard time against them. However I'm not so sure they're more cheesy than some other armies can get. And my bigger point is that a single falcon or wraithlord, or even pairs or one of each does not cheese make as those combinations wouldn't cause trouble for Comp or sport scores. And that eldar units are not in general somehow cheesy or we'd win for sure.

Anyway did we just win the GT or did we dominate it along with other tournaments? We've always been an army that can win, we just didn't tend to dominate in the big picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

We dominated the GT. Really owned it. At least that's what I heard. :rolleyes:
    Don't know about other tournies though.
    Oh, we won one of the largest tournies here in Sweden as well. Rouge Trader it is called.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x3)

Ah! I figured out what my problem was I needed to wander over to the GW UK website. Interesting eldar seem to be more popular on the other side of the pond. And I see where the recent "seer council of doom" stuff was coming from.

Still I wouldn't call it an eldar dominating. We got first but chaos and smurfs followed in second and third. We made up 1/4 of the armies, but SM had nearly as many and Chaos had more! We did well there last year to it would seem. Whereas here we compete for the number 4 "most popular/potent army" slot after chaos, smurfs, and tyranids.

The poor IG and SoB just can't seem to catch a break anywhere though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Most tournament armies are MEQs, Eldar can easily tailor against MEQs, thus Eldar have a clear advantage right there. An Ulthwé army similar to my own won the last marine crowded tourney I went to. (I played marines as well, unfortunately...)
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

My faith in eldar cheese has actually been severely shaken. If you look down at votewar you can see that all the cheesy lists are suffering. Both vyper saim-hann lists are getting owned by everyone except SMurfs. Alaitoc disruption rolls are cutting it close and in the mini one council of doom got outmatched and 1 had the misfortune of running into a cleanse mission.

I no longer believe the eldar are cheesy. :cry:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Votewar cannot be compared with real tournaments though. A list might look good, but suck anyway.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel
    Eldar won the latest GT. And the Eldar can be made in to one of the cheesiest armies around, can't deny that.
    Wraithlords....everywhere...... :spell:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fideru
    Wraithlords....everywhere...... :spell:
    Wraithlords 'aint cheese. :rolleyes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast