the 4 remaining C'Tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

the 4 remaining C'Tan

here is info i found on the net

the web site is the following
    http://www.answers.com/topic/c-tan

The Void Dragon
    Arguably the most powerful C'tan in existence. The Void Dragon is believed to reside in stasis on Mars and it is venerated by a hidden faction within the Adeptus Mechanicus (known as the Cult of the Dragon), who believe it to be their Machine God. This is however disputed as the Void Dragon was supposedly defeated by a shot from several of the blackstones around a binary star system

The Outsider
    A C'tan that went insane due to its consumption of other C'tan and being tricked by the laughing god, and is currently imprisoned in a Dyson sphere under the Galactic plane. The Tyranid hive fleet known as "Leviathan" appears to be intentionally avoiding the Outsider's Dyson sphere; despite many fan theories, the reasons for this have never been officially confirmed but the most logical explanation is that there is not enough 'food' for the Tyranids in that region of space to compensate for the risk and possible losses they might take for assaulting such a powerful entity. In fact, the Tyranids avoid the Necron Tomb Worlds altogether, due to them having no biomass to consume.

The Nightbringer
    The first C'tan awakened by the Necrontyr, spawned from their own sun. It is known as Kaelis Ra in the Eldar language, literally 'destroyer of light'. It used to be powerful enough to impress its image as that of the Angel of Death on the psyche of the younger races, except the Krork, who later became Orks but it was almost destroyed when the laughing god revealed a weak spot in his defence to Khaine. The battle between Khaine and Nightbringer was titanic but Khaine was the better and greatly weakened Nightbringer by destroying his living metal body. Although the Nightbringer managed to reteat, it was greatly weakened and lay nearly-starved in stasis until it was accidentally released by Space Marines. The Space Marines under the command of Captain Uriel Ventris forced the Nightbringer to retreat.

The Deceiver
    Came out of stasis an unknown time ago. Said to have been the first C'tan to awaken and has been weaving plots and subtle machinations ever since, including the destruction of the Eldar weapons Talismans of Vaul, in the Gothic War which it orchestrated, which are designed to destroy the C'tan on their emergence. The Deceiver is physically the weakest of the C'tan, but its incredible cunning compensates for this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Bas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copy-paste job from a site which in itself is a Wikipedia copy-paste job? No thanks.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Err, thats nearly all true.

I do not believe that the Void dragon has been shot by a blackstone fortress, but other than that its about spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I thought that the deciever's treachery was the reason the nightbringer nearly died? Deciever being the one that revealed the ngihtbringers stasis location before he/it could go into stasis after the battle with Khaine..

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Good point.

Yeah, the NB got back to a decent strength after losing to Khaine (although technically Khaine lost that battle) the Deceiver betrayed his position as the NB prepared to go into stasis and he was left severly weakened.

If all the C'tan where at their full strength the Nightbringer is the most powerful by far.

+ Reply to Thread