Stormboyz as core - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stormboyz as core

Has anyone here ever used stormboyz as the main body of thier force? As in all 3 elite choices.

I'm considering doing this and using a couple mobz of boyz for support, with either a looted vee of some sort or a battle wagon (with lots of Bolt-on Big Shootas) to present an un-ignorable flank.

I've a couple of lists focusing on the concept, but mostly wish to hear others' Pros and Cons.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The problem with storm boyz are that they are so expensive that it cuts down on the total number of boyz(overall) that are in your list. While in MEQ armies people get away with this because assault troopers are well armored, tough and have the same max squad size in the force, Orks rely on overwhelming numbers(in foot sloggaz) and fast overwhelming numbers to certain flanks(KOS). When you field so many stormboyz that would cut down on what else you could take, and since they die like orks they are a very expensive fodder unit. I've considered doing this previously, and I came to the conclusion that one unit of Storm boyz with the special character with his vulchas backed up by wartrukks are a better option for fast hitting tie up units.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

I agree with thayak but if you want to max out army army with them amke sure you fill up the squad to the max otherise one turn they'll be falling back!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im considering of makeing an army like that trollzewi. But I would focuse more on the Stormboyz and some fast attack choies. So your stormboyz won't be the only thing on the other side of the feild. Get a rutine for your warboss. And make 2 squads of atleast 14 boyz for troops. And have the rest go into stormbpyz and fast attack. The point for an army focuse on stormboyz army should be atleast 1500pts. I haven't tryed it yet but I have a good feeling about it.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good idea. Let us know how it turns out. Though you might find your force is a bit weak when facing tanks. It might be an idea to add some anti-tank shooty stuff, such as tankbusta squads, rockit buggies or a zapgun on your battlewagon.

Oh, and here's a thought, if a bunch of stormboys jumped over an enemy squad, assaulted them from the rear and the enemy squad then broke, would the enemy squad automatically be destroyed as the stormboys are blocking their retreat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, probably give your Warboss and his rutine a wartrukk with a rokkit launcha(i forgot to put that in my last post). And have like 2 of the FA choises be warbuggy squads with rokkit launchas. And the 3 FA choise be a warbike squad. Have your 2 slugga/shoota squads have 3 rokkits. And give all the nobz in all the squads a PK. And give some of the nobz in the warboss rutine PKs.

Theres your anti tank!

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

+ Reply to Thread