WYSIWYG on tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WYSIWYG on tyranids

I was wondering how much attention people pay to WYSIWYG on the nids? I ask because, having just assembled some 'stealers, I realised I don't much like the little 'extra armour' pieces they have.

I know the local group I play with won't be bothered, but I don't want to go to Nottingham and find out that 90% of people argue its not modelled so i can't have it equipped. Also, does anyone know how it would be taken in tournament play? Would a judge say no, even if my opponent was okay with it?

Thanks,
    WB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe if the box set comes with pieces to show the up-grade or there are boxes of that similar range that include the parts than I would think at GW tournaments and the like, they will want you to show this extended carapace on your genstealaers. The box set dose come with the plastic parts as you have said.
    On the other hand if GW makes it difficult for us to get the required parts we need that are only on the internet like Extra armour on rhinos then I would think they should give us a break with wysiwyg.:wacko:

But this is just my view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stuff that's easy to model needs to be wysiwyg. Special abilities, psychic powers and the like, no.

Extended carapace should always be modelled. At least in my view. Remember, you don't have to use the pieces that come with the box, you can make your own with some green stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply's! It sounds like Im going to have to come up with a simple green stuff solution as opposed to the carapace shoulder pads they all come with. Maybe just a thicker carapace...

-WB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

There are a variety of solutions to the WYSIWYG. In line with my new scorpion swarm I am creating Tyranid warriors with lots of legs. They will count as leaping in a similar way to jumping spiders. My point is I think if people put a bit of effort in even if thier solution is an odd one our opponents should agree. Of course some biomorphs are harder or don't appear on the models.

+ Reply to Thread