Need some advice to finish my list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some advice to finish my list

So I've currently got an 801 pt army list. So far it's:

An 195 pt. Necron Lord with a Warscythe, Ressurection Orb, Destroyer Body and Phylactery
    Two squads of 12 Warriors
    Three Wraiths
    Six Swarms
    Three Destroyers
    One Tomb Spyder

To finish it up I'm thinking of either getting three Heavy Destroyers, or a unit of Pariahs. Which do you think is a better idea? The destroyers are a little more expensive, but I'm ok with that if they're the better choice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well I would prefar more destroyers to their heavy counter parts. So get one more regular and two heavy destroyers. Also keep the destroyers in different slots and nearby so they can still WBB. Also if you have the points left I would give your scarabs disruption field as they can be very painfull for your enemys tanks.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the swarms do have disruption fields, I just forgot to write that in.

So one more destroyer and two heavies? What do you mean by different slots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome VengeanceGOD! :w00t:

It's good to see someone going for the whole CC concept with necrons, don't get it very often. Your list looks pretty well organized for it too- a fast body of Wraiths and scarabs supporting the ever-nasty Dest. Lord with Warscythe. Seeing that your CC wing of the army is all so fast (ie no flayed ones) I'd say go for the extra Destroyers instead of Pariahs. The pariahs are too slow to keep up with the lord/wraiths/scarabs, and anything the afore mentioned fast movers don't engage in CC will turn its guns on the Pariahs ot avoid a simmilar fate. H. Destroyers, however, will give your army some much-needed high-power fire for those first couple of turns before CC and late-game tankhunting. Not that necron Warriors can't kill tough stuff and tanks, but H.Destroyers will kill things quick. Like a landraider in 1 shot instead of 20 (first turn of my last game ). Pariahs are really nice for a CC army, with their fear abilities and combination of Warscythes and really good guns, but they're sadly too slow for your list.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Lictor1989 means to get more regular destroyers and put them in different force- org. slots, so they must be targetted seperately. He neglects, however, that regular destroyers have a squad minimum of 3, not two.
    Last edited by Orkrontyr; July 17th, 2006 at 22:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he ment put the 2 heavy destroyers in diff force org. slots not the normal destroyers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Cresil
    i think he ment put the 2 heavy destroyers in diff force org. slots not the normal destroyers
    Yes that is exactly what I meant thank you Cresil for pointing that out. Either way putting your heavy destroyers in two HS slots means you can shoot two different units and the enemy still has to shoot at two different units instead of one unit. See what I'm getting at?
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I can keep them divided up as single units. Aha. That's a damn good idea, man, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Its a common tactic to do if you have enough slots open which necrons usually do and really their is no downside to the tactic as well.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Battleforce would give you more flexibility- you could convert 2/3 of the Ds into HDs, and the warriors into FOs/ immortals, if you wanted.

I say leave pariahs out of it for the moment at ;east.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, every model listed is bought, painted and assembled (except for the second unit of warriors, I took a break from assembling them to post this. ), all a battleforce would really do is put me out of $90. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Here's a question: I heard this from a staff member at a hobby center, but it seems too good to be true. Does my Lord REALLY get a 3+ invulnerable save just for being in the unit of Wraiths?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast