What To Do Against Cheese Eldar Wraithguard Army!! Help Me!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

What To Do Against Cheese Eldar Wraithguard Army!! Help Me!!

Ahh Today I Fought A 1850 Wraithguard Army! I Was Slaughtered! What Do I Do?

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

well, since you are necrons, youre weapons auto wound on a 6 right. so even if they are toughness 5, you should be able to take them down with enough massed fire power. use tons of imortals and destroyers. also, i dont know how wraith guard fare in close combat, but i bet a destroyer lord with a warscyth could take them down. also, you could just tie them up with scarabs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

well i have very few immortals and very few destroyers, so i couldnt rreally field em. i used a ton o' warrriors, which did crap, even with alot of fire power. his guys were all inside tanks so my monolith did absolutely NOTHING!!! my lord never even got in range... well actually no it had enough time to take out the avatar......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Monolith wip have a range of 24, so u can use it basiclly round 1. If one is desperate you could focus it on a enemy tank and hope you role a hit. then crush it with ap 1 shot. or just blow up some troops. Use Scarab swarms to lock up certain units that pose a threat. It can be enemy ranged troops or advancing melee units. Place a disrupt field to use it against tanks.

Another option is that you deepstrike your Monolith and force your units up front. Do effectivly use rapidfire on enemy units.

This i just some of the ideas you can try. But the best metod of wining is learning by ones misstakes and try again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find yourself routinely facing large units of wraithguard, I would say either ditch the lith (for those games) or hold it in reserve until those pesky spawn of the old ones have jumped out of their fancy tanks. THe reason I say this is because wraithguard are really only suited to 'lith killing. An infantry unit which has a 3+. a high T, and has auto glance/pen weapons and can ride in a falcon/ wave serpent? Sounds almost tailor-made to kill monoliths so do what you do to Tau with their obnoxious rail rifles: drop the monolith in their face after the threat has been lessened a little. :yes:

Now, if you are facing multiple wraithlords, as sounds likely (large numbers of wraithguard usually means Iyanden, where wraithguard are required 1:1 for wraithlords), then there is an easy solution for that too. Blast the walking egg-things with any kind of gauss weapons you can muster. The only thing keeping wraithlords alive most of the time is their high T, and the auto-wound effect of gauss negates that. :shifty:

If neither of these tactics works, you could always wait (with the patience and implaceability befitting a Necron ) for the new Eldar Codex to come out and throw your opponent into dissaray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear the new eldar codex will find other nasty things to do against Necrons.

As for Wraithlords, they are almost impossible for a Necron to defeat. 20 Necrons firing will hit about 14 time, and maybe 2-3 sixes to wound. It has a 3+ save, so it will fail one wound every 1.2 turns. That is not going to hack it, especially if he has more than one.

There are answers, and they are not Destroyers or Immortals (those are best left for other units).

I am good at killing eldar, infact I have lost only once, but I have NEVER killed a wraithlord without using the C'tan. Not going to use him? Well, just avoid them, and take out everything else he has. Use swarms to tie them up in close combat.

They are the Necron's bane, avoid!!

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Heavy destroyers rape wraithguard and wraithlords.

Simply because of the low model count.

As said, you will want to hit a squad hard, lots of rapid fire is good and destroyers will be your best friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

he was fielding 4 squads of wraithguard, a farseer, 4 (not falcon tanks or fire prisms... its the other kinda tank) with the wraithguard inside, and 3 wraithlords... 1farseer too...and 1 avatar

i basiclly blame myself for losing, but i do also blame facing his army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Wraithguard cheese? You have got to be kidding! If anything they are underpowered! 35 points for a single wound model without a 2+ save or anything, with a short range gun that wounds grots on 4's! You have the range on them, you have at least 2 turns of shooting before they get into ranged, and if they are in serpents, if you blow them up, they are entangled so you get an extra turn to blow them up. The monoliths particle whip smacks them and so does the staff of light, any of your guauss weapons will rip through them considering their small squad size and high points, with only 3+ saves they are doomed and there are less than half as many of them as there would be marines, take down wraithlords with heavy destroyers or a C'tan if you have one.

And necrons are the army that wraith-units are the best against, their are like 3x as bad against normal opponents... you should consider yourself lucky... wraithlords on the other hand are hard to take down (not for my dark eldar but...) but they rely on you shooting them and wasting your firepower on them. Don't. Ignore them and they become a big super costed single heavy weapon, even necrons are fast enough to avoid a wraithlord. Normally, against eldar, the best tactic is simply to bring a monolith. End of. But Wraitguard are only of the only units that can take it down well, lucky them, the dark eldar don't even have such a unit. But blow up the serpents, then you get free turns of shooting the wraithguard.

Your lucky your not against an army of howling banshees or an alaitoc force or Saim Hann cheese (19+ starcannons anyone?).

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly. Just get a nice squad of heavy destroyers (or one squad of 2 and a squad of 1.. something). Set them up nicely (behind cover, but with plenty of room to move and get a shot in) and penetrate the wave serpents. That is all you have to do, pray for the first turn and penetrate as many of them as you can. You don't even have to kill it, just penetrate it so the squads inside have to come out to the view (well, not exactly... they are blind after all) of gauss weapons cutting their brethren apart. Then you just need to particle whip a squad or two (you can be moving you lith back and still fire the ordnance), glance to death the remaining wave serpent, fire a lot into the foot units, and use whatever heavy destroyers you have left to kill off the wraithlords.

Ha! 19 star cannons? Not after the lith deep strikes and my tactfully covered destroyers get done with them. Ahhh, I just write off the warriors anyways. Lately I've just been using them as bait and speed bumps. My opponents are always targeting the warriors, so I just sit them in cover and let them hack away at them. "Go ahead", I say,"I'll just move my destroyers over here and blow away a couple of your squads."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast