how to beat eldar with orks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to beat eldar with orks?

i was wondering does anyone got any suggestions as to beat eldar usin orks?

canada is looking better and better every day

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I could give you some ideas that sound like good advice, but Og Da Boss has never had much luck against Eldar. They are the reason for all his bionic bits.

All I can think of is try to play to the Orks' strength, getting lots of boyz into assault. Trukk boyz might help, if their trukks don't get all shot up. The problem with Eldar, like mech Tau, is "dey keeps runnin' away like weedy gitz." Maybe if you swamp the field with enough boyz, they won't have room to run...
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dakka! Seriously, you throw enough shots at Eldar, they crumble but good. Shove them into cover to protect them from Eldar fire and show them that 50+ shots easily compensates for BS2. And if they come after you, all the better, as even shoota boyz are nasty in CC, and the choppa rule doesn't really apply to Eldar. Your biggest threats them will be wraithlords (rokkit them in the face, or send in a warboss and retinue or kanz/dread), and falcons. Not much you can do about the falcons TBH, and it'll hurt your vehicles if it has a bright lance. But it won't do much to your infantry, and if it gets close to unload troops, spank it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlewagon with all the bolt on big shootas oyu can muster. Put a tankbusta unit onboard and shot those skimmers to death with S5 big shootas + 1D6 + 1 = a possible 12 and bye bye to them falcons.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few odd solutions:

1) Get a nob with PK on a highly mobile unit, either stormboyz or warbikes (yes, bikes). Trukks are not a good choice since one shot can simply stop them. A biker or stormboy mob can have two Orks zapped from a EML and still will go the inches you want. Often a trukk may get bogged down by terrain, stunned or being permanently stopped by a bright lance.

2) Unless you are dealing with warp spiders or scorpions (to which the TL rokkit variant would apply) get skorchas to fry those pesky banshees and whatever else is lurking about. If you are dealing with Ulthwe or anything platform-heavy, lobbas are the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Only the nob can take a big shoota. The only upgrade option available to tankbustas is rokkits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfang
    Only the nob can take a big shoota. The only upgrade option available to tankbustas is rokkits.
    True, but he was suggesting having the tank bustas use the bolt on big shootas on the battlewagon, where they still get their +1 armor pen bonus. Remember, anyone on board the battlewagon can fire the bolt on big shootas...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, I think you can have 5 bolt on big shootas...4-5 rokkits...plus the other 3 regular battlewagon guns (kannon, etc...)
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

+ Reply to Thread