equipment for necron lord? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

equipment for necron lord?

what combination of equipment for your necron lord would serve him best in a majority of battles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really does depend on what role you have in mind for your lord, and what the rest of your army is like. The generic support lord that i use and that a lot of others use is the lord, on foot, with Res. Orb and Veil of Darkness. This comes out cleanly to 200 pts., and can both babysit the warrior phalanx or go zipping around with Immortals. :yes:

It isn't very useful, however, if you have minimum warriors and lots of wraiths or destroyers running around like jetbikes. If you play large numbers of either, you might consider Res. Orb and Destroyer body, plus whatever extra goodies you can afford. Without said goodies, you get a 30 pt. cheaper lord, which is still fast and now VERY tough. Not any better at supporting the main phalanx, though...

Whatever you take, ALWAYS take a Res. Orb. There is no reason not to, and it is essential to keeping your warriors coming back. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do what I did, and buy both models. That way, you have the flexibility to play it either way you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does the 10 points it takes to upgrade to a warscythe count torwards the 100 limit?

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

No the warscythe doesn't count towards your wargear so you could have a 210pt lord.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

It's it doesn't count as wargear because it is a weapon.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I kit my foot lord out to the max. He isn't going to die in a hurry, so I take -

Lord - res orb, warscythe, phase shifter and phlacetry.

As he hangs around with my warriors the lord is there as a character killer, the warscythe helps him deal with inv. saves and the phase shifter means he nearly always gets a save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I min him out, really. Res Orb as standard (as far as i'm concerned the lord actually costs 140 points), and usually gaze of flame (i fight orks and tyranids a lot, and the Ld negative is useful for tau and guard). I only take anything else if I have points to spare, or particularly want a VoD for immortaling around.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I go the same a tunasia. I always have the orb even in 500 points. And I usually make him support in larger games

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own 4 different lord models for each configuration I use. Two of them are on foot and take standard supporting roles, such as Veil of Darkness and ResOrbs. The other two are on Destroyer bodies and are often used in the same army.

Lord 200
    Destroyer Body
    Phylactery
    Phase shifter
    Gaze of Flame
    WarScythe

Lord 210
    Destroyer Body
    Phylactery
    Gaze of Flame
    ResOrb
    Warscythe

They remain with my main force to give ResOrb support in the opening turns but upon the enemies closing, they (and usually some Wraiths) will jump forward to supply the enemy with 8 WarScythe attacks and up to 24 Wraith attacks. The Gaze of Flame's help with any counter charge and double the Leadership bonus, while the Phylactery has caused many of my opponents to grind thier teeth, especially in conjunction with the ResOrb which the wraiths benefit from too.
    These are two that differ from the normal, other than that most people only take them to support the main warrior group in the advance, or VOD immortals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast