Mycetic Spores: More than just terrain! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mycetic Spores: More than just terrain!

After poking around, looking at tyranid fluff, that horrid Mycetic Spore GW has posted on their website (it doesn't say Tyranid spore, it says cosmic acorn), and the Drop Pod Battle Report in WD316, I was wondering if anyone's seen rules for use of a mycetic spore?

I have a better looking one staring at me from my skechbook that looks more like a squidy fleshy harpoon sticking out of the ground. The tentakles emerging out of the aft end had me thinking, "Lash Whips?" It'd help balance out the high chance of being charged. And since those horibly cheezy Drop Pods have storm bolters, a defensive weapon or two doesn't sound so bad...

Anyone interested? I mean, the thought of dropping a CC 'fex into your opponent's backline sounds like too much fun to pass up. And we can always whine "But the Space Marines have 'em, and they don't even need permission!"

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there were chapter approved rules for seeding swarms which were the entire army in mysetic spores...
    they even had access to the without number ability, as well as another one that allowed you to land and assault in the same turn... very cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah and you weren't destroyed if you deep striked into combat, it was to be resolved by just putting your models base 2 base and starting assault right away. Pretty cool.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Wow that sounds really cool. Hmm I should borrow my friends WD and check that out it seems very interesting. Also who wouldn't want to do a drop pod like army for the nids :yes: .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's in the chapter approved 2003 I think.I found the old PDF kicking around. There are of course restrictions as to what can be dropped to earth in a pod mind you. No fexes. But lictors, stealers, gaunts n stuff were good to go if I remember right. Imagine your opponent when you drop a pod of 6 stealers smack dab into the center of his terminators. Yeah.. he'd be a pretty grumpy bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Can you assualt said genestealers on the same turn? that would be AWSOME :w00t:

so is it legal to use rules in chapter aproved or do you need permission? because no one is ever EVER going to give you permission do deepstrike stealers...
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, you could give them the ability to assault on the turn they landed AND to have without number...

so imagine that squad dying in combat, only to return again by deep strike, and assault on the turn they landed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, and as stated before, if the spore lands on an enemy unit it isn't destroyed, your guys just appear in base to base contact and start the assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackofasses
    Yeah, it's in the chapter approved 2003 I think.I found the old PDF kicking around. There are of course restrictions as to what can be dropped to earth in a pod mind you. No fexes.
    Well, pity about the 'fexes, but one could still make a total mess with 'Stealers. Gives me impetus to continue bulding a Non-MC army, nothing big to shoot at, just filling a table with smaller stuff. I've tried hunting down that PDF, but couldn't seem to find it, You have a link to it?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast