First Ever 2000pt Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone use fire prims?

The other day I was up at my GW looking at eldar stuff trying to figure out what I should buy now and what should wait until after the new codex when I noticed the fire prism and got to thinking. Now I personally don't know much about Eldar but it seems like a pretty useable tank. When I mentioned it to one of my friends he said they're worthless and I shouldn't waste my money on them. Now I'm asking you; I have a limited amount of money and only plan on buying what I'm going to use. To me the Fire Prism seems like it would be worth the investment but I'm not sure, what do you all say?

Last edited by Prince Elileth; July 25th, 2006 at 08:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Common opinion and one I share is that it is a waste of points. Some have said it is usefull as a glorified Vyper. I'd rather take a Falcon.
    However it is meant to get much better in the new codex out this Autumn. Last rumour I heared was same range and strength but heavy3 instead of blast. A huge improvement.

So at the moment it sucks. Almost certain to get better. (you never see them, GW normally improve units that are never taken). However, not garunteed until we have the codex in hand.

Luckily all the bits for a Falcon come in the Fire Prism box, so for a bit extra you can use it as a Falcon now and if you like the new Prism, convert it for new Codex.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglacht

Luckily all the bits for a Falcon come in the Fire Prism box, so for a bit extra you can use it as a Falcon now and if you like the new Prism, convert it for new Codex.
    And it's an easy conversion too. Just the weapon needs ot change. So it would be easy to use a small amont of glue, a non-superglue, or magnets to make it easy to swap between them.

So for now make a falcon (at least give it a holofield and spirit stones, I personally also like the shuricannon and starcannon upgrades).

And when the new dex comes out give the prism a try, they're trying to make it not suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I will agree with Sunny and Gallow. Getting a Prism and using temporarily as a Falcon is a good idea. If I were you, I'd magnetize andthing that might be changeable between the two.

Another good idea is getting just an extra falcon turret. Any local hardcore Eldar player probably has one for free or cheap. Or bitz the sprue and canopy on mail-order.

Then you can glue the Prism turret weapons on one turret and put the other as a falcon turret. Magnetize the turret bottoms and you're good to go.

Since I bought rare-earth magnets, I've been a mag-happy Eldar nutball:w00t: So I tend to advise this in all possible situations.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

+ Reply to Thread