New Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Eldar

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

New Eldar

I don't really know how I feel about this. I've been an eldar player for a long time and now with all the new releases, there will be an influx of new eldar players.

Thats kool and all but, I dunno, I hope Eldar doesn't get as popular as Space Marines. I don't want to go down to my local hobby shop and see tables filled with eldar players like I see with space marines.

Eldar has always been the make it or break it type army. Something that more expirienced players can "flex" our stratigical muscles with. I hope they aren't dulled down for easier play. I like how easily we can go down with a tiny mistake or totally take down an enemy in one fell swoop.

All in all, I guess I'm trying to say, "GW, don't $#%& up Eldar."

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by [Black] Katalyst
    I hope Eldar doesn't get as popular as Space Marines. I don't want to go down to my local hobby shop and see tables filled with eldar players like I see with space marines.
    Cause that is even possible...Everyone knows that space elves are not as "cool" as men who are lightning fast and run around wearing huge suits of armor. I on the other hand hope to see as many eldar players as I do space marines, as long as their are the same number of Ork, Imperial guard, chaos, and Tau players I think all will be well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I dunno.. I saw three eldar armies and only two space marine armies in the store today.

I started playing Emperor's Children on the expectation that they'd be rare, then I quickly realised that everyone and his grandma has a chaos army, and there are a lot more EC players out there than I ever would have guessed. What I learned from that experience was that having a 'speshul' army doesn't make you different.. it's the way you paint and prepare it. If your army looks beautiful, people are going to notice it even if they've seen a million space marine/chaos/eldar armies before.

Sorry to be cyncial, as well, but GW doesn't care about screwing up eldar.. I'd be willing to bet they care a damn sight more about selling eldar. If this means making eldar more popular with more people, I bet they'll do it, no questions asked.

It's a shame, but hey, everything changes.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; August 5th, 2006 at 01:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope the same, i played eldar for a wile, i only had a small army and i do know what you mean, 1 mistake can make it all go wrong. very hard army to master and those that do are very good at it.

i am very excited by the new release and i expect it to go as tyranids. they were and still are very popular... its just that people win with them beause they are so easy to win with. so i hope e;dar stay the same in some aspects but i hope they get some even better units upgrades and such. it would be alot easyer to win aginst armies i guess... which i guess is a bad thing....

i think they just need to update the codex a bit to have it stand in with 4th edition. but i still want them to be a hard army to play with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by [Black
    Katalyst]I don't really know how I feel about this. I've been an eldar player for a long time and now with all the new releases, there will be an influx of new eldar players.
    A rise in Eldar players will probably occurr as is probably the marketing intentions of Gamesworkshop. This has always been the case for new/release of armies, quite understandable too considering the main goal is to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by [Black
    Katalyst]Eldar has always been the make it or break it type army. Something that more expirienced players can "flex" our stratigical muscles with. I hope they aren't dulled down for easier play. I like how easily we can go down with a tiny mistake or totally take down an enemy in one fell swoop.

All in all, I guess I'm trying to say, "GW, don't $#%& up Eldar."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Sorry to be cyncial, as well, but GW doesn't care about screwing up eldar.. I'd be willing to bet they care a damn sight more about selling eldar. If this means making eldar more popular with more people, I bet they'll do it, no questions asked.
    This I don't think is that case. Each army has get it's own team of staff to work at them, I would imagine quite high ranking staff too. Since these people enjoy this kind of work and there would be many test games and evaluations I don't think gamesworkshop doesn't care weather Eldar are a success or not. Again the main goal is to get people interested and buy their merchandise, so a great deal of effort can be expect from these guys.

There will probably be a few things that players don't agree with change wise but this will always be the case as you can't expect to please everyone in a large crowd. But considering the efforts the company puts I think it will probably be a good release and the main concept of the army will stay.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; August 5th, 2006 at 03:19.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

I agree with what you guys are saying.

I hope its just an update, not an overhaul.

Kudos to my "non-quotable" user name. :ninja:

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea when the new Eldar Codex is coming out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Sometime between now and later.

Actually, I think early November.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be early Nov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fantasy orcs = oct

eldar = nov

+ Reply to Thread