slowing down Kult of Speed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slowing down Kult of Speed

I don't have a cult of speed army and want to know how to slow it down so my basilisk (when I get one) can pound them a little. Any ideas?

How do you beat Necrons, especially their monoliths and lords?

Cry Havoc and let slip the poodles of war

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Honestly it comes down to you getting first turn. On turn 1 ignore all the buggies and shoot the Trukks. I usually leave a Battlewagon alone until turn 2, as if its a Dakkawagon its about 50/50 on what it will do. Vs KoS you must stop the trukks, and if you destroy all the trukks the boys count as scattering if they fall back and are removed from the bored. I.E destroy any transport option first.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean "slow them down?" I'm going to assume you aren't misguided enough to ask the orks how to beat orks, and pretend you're asking for how to play orks. Do you actually expect a looted bassi to roll alongside your assault troops? it should take Indirect and sit in the back for the entire game, raining Death at Distance.

As for 'Cron's, phase 'em out. Ignore the biggies, and smash headfirst into the warriors. Your 9 point models are better at close combat than their 18 point models. Here's the math:

10 orks vs 5 crons (even points).

Orks charge. Since we're talking Freeks, that will always be how it happens.
    -Power of Waaagh! 9/12 chance of success. We'll assume you make it.

Orks go first: 40 attacks, 20 hits, 33% wound, so we get 6 2/3 wounds. Thanks to choppas, 3 1/3 go down. Now the cron's hit back.

1 or 2 left. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume its 2. 2 attacks, 1 hit, 1/2 a wound, 1/3 of an ork dies.

Now WWB rolls. We have 3 1/3 dead crons, and if I remember WWB, half come back, so that leaves us with 1 2/3 dead, and 3 1/3 still standing.

Results: Less than a whole ork ends up dead, while about 2 crons stay down. At this rate, you will be stapping gauss weaponry on your buggies in no time. And if you're packing nobs, we start talking some serious carnage. Hidden PK's are the ultimate in cron krumping teknologee.

NOTE: In the 'Cron FAQ, when it talks about doubling and Living Metal, or whatever that rule for the Monolith is, it's talking about the ork's d6x2 AP bombs, not Power Fists. Show him the bomb that triggered the whole debaucle, and then phase him out in turn three.
    God and the soldier, we adore
    In times of War, and then no more.
    For when the war is ended, and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the old soldier slighted.

[Avatar in Memory of Baker, happiest rat in the world. RIP.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, 10 orks (usual size for ork speed freaks) have a very good chance of passing their waaagh test. Out of 36 possible results with 2d6 being rolled against their number, their are only 3 possible outcomes (5-6, 6-5, and 6-6) that would result in the failure of the Waaagh! Test. This means the 10-pack of orks have an 11/12 chance of passing. Not bad, eh?

Also, against necrons, if you take into account a nob with a power claw (2-3 more crons that are going to be laying down and not getting back up unless they are near a res orb) and an ork with a burna (or three if you use skar/ard boys) there are going to be a couple more dead crons. Crons suck at combat, very badly. Usually if you can make it to the crons front line with a decent amount of orks, they are done for.

Hope I contributed, cheers.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread