what happenned? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happenned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happenned?

i played my cousin today
    it was 700 points, a small game, we were jsut playing around, not a serious gamea t all
    i had a tyrant, venom cannon and TL devs, toxin sacs, ext. carapace, and enhanced senses
    1 brood of three warriors, adr, glands for WS and I, scy tal, RC, leaping
    1 brood of three warriors, enhanced senses, Deathspitter, spinefists
    3 broods of 8 gaunts each
    1 brood of 13 hormagaunts
    zoanthrope/warp blast and synapse

he had a lot of guardians, a farseer, and a warlock in each squad of guardians, as well as a falcon grav tank

he tore me apart
    he ahd some rule that allowed him to re-roll shooting misses [or wound rolls, i dont know]
    it was embarassing
    i charged forward, using cover when possible
    i chalk the loss partly to bad rolls
    5 turns of venom cannon shorts from the tyrant only disabled the weapons once. the whole game
    what could i have done better?
    probably would have been better with 2 broods of 12 gaunts . . .
    also, we were playing meat grinder, and he sat in cover all game, until the end

but seriously, is there anything i coulda done better to at least be beaten less badly?

Nids - 1150 pts (I'm poor, dont laugh)

im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy for my carapace, too fexy for my carapace . . .

"Don't lie to me, Tyler! You know where liars go . . . . . they're elected President!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....perhaps I'm not the best one to answer this but I'm thinking he snuck some extra points in. I'm not totally familiar with Eldar but isn't that flying tank like 250 points? Also, what do you mean you only disabled his weapons once? Did he repair them? Cause I don't think he can do that, he can only try to make you reroll it. But yeah, i've lost to Eldar by repeatedly rolling ones when I try to penetrate the armor on that stupid flying tank.

Also, him staying in cover takes some of your initiative advantage away, how does the meat grinder go again?

Hmm...actually someone else answer this guy, I don't know enough about the eldar to really offer a suggestion here. When I play them I try to tie up their heavy weapons squads as fast as possible and unleash venom on their flying tank things (Which, I heard are losing that stupid move-shoot-then-move back behind something big b.s.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure what the answer is to this, but if / when i figure it out i'll let you know. Ihave the same problem my mate plays eldar and it is a nightmare. The grav tank is a nightmare to bring down, mainly as it's a skimmer all penetrating hits become glancing and they make you re roll the damage chart, mental. also all there guns go straight through our armour, ap2 star cannons bring down fex's for fun.

so far i found ht with wings and tl dev very effective and also lots of hormogaunts as their, 12" move and assault is something i know he fears.

We're playing today i'll let you know how it goes and what list i use and what he uses.

take care guys / girls

richie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...against a list like that I would go with a twin-linked, regenerating carnifex or two. That's what I do anyway, others might say Zoanthropes. Personally, I wouldn't worry about only glancing on the Eldar Tank. You can still remove weapons this way and if you remove enough the guy blows up. I've blown up lots of tanks in one hit from a venom cannon wielding Carny. Just keep shooting at the damn thing until it dies; maybe once in a while hide behind something to (Hopefully) regenerate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

A barbed strangler wrecks havoc on his guys as does getting the Tyrant into HtH combat with only guardians they would struggle to hurt it and it does a lot back but a barbed strangler will devour most of his guys.

Gaunts are suicidal vs Eldar as there not good enough shooting or assaulting against eldar and they msut get into 12" range to shoot which is where gaurdians own you. Hormagaunts are better They fear Genestealers, if you give them EC and scuttle then You'll be doing some serious damage....

Basically ignore the tank jsut keep your tyrant out of vision or range and kill all his troops because one tank can't do enough damage....

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you know how many squads he had? i'm not very familer wiht the eldar either... but i do know that the eldar pcychic powers ar sopossed to be good and i think each warlolck can have 1 power. but if it's just 1 falcon get some stealers, and a fex with 2 venom cannons (giving him 4 shots) with 5 wounds so he won't die the 1st turn (mybe T7 to). just the stealers are hit on 4+ (mybe 6+?) then u roll this again but on 6+ the 1s that make it threw that roll a die plus their S (making it u need a 6s again:wacko: ). i did this with my broodlord and he had with him 8 out of 11 stealers and i assulted a land speeder it's a skimmer and had moved but it was really gettin' on my nerves&lt;_&lt; . i managed to kill it with a 6 on a glancing thanks to my a stealer (they all had scything talons giving them more rending attacks most of witch missed&lt;_&lt; ) and my broolord managed to take off a gun before that.

skimmers are prettyhard to kill when they move so just keep gettin' at that and kill those warlocks with hormies and stealers (for that terrain get flesh hooks).
    Last edited by Shriker; August 8th, 2006 at 12:49.
    hive fleet of tyranids-2000pts
    bad moonz orks-1500ptz
    Orcs clan Red 'Eads-1000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right......

I just got owned. His rangers made alot of my stuff start off the board but that rule will be going in the new codex so thats ok. Also the swooping hawks exarch kept making a stupid number of attacks, but i believe thats changing to.

nevermind.....

rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that infinite number of attacks thing is just silly, I mean, c'mon....really.
    That was one of the first rules I learned about when facing the eldar and he killed a whole brood of mine with 48 attacks or something stupid like that. I was like, "what? are you kidding me? That guy costs 500p oints right?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Shriker
    And a fex with 2 venom cannons (giving him 4 shots) with 5 wounds so he won't die the 1st turn (mybe T7 to).
    Taking two of a weapon makes it twinlinked so 2 shots rerolling misses. This is expensive and I advise against it, also in small point games its best not to load up on all the biomorphs as you tend to exclude models. THe extra wound I can see its cheap and provides good survivability But i would stop there.

just the stealers are hit on 4+ (mybe 6+?) then u roll this again but on 6+ the 1s that make it threw that roll a die plus their S (making it u need a 6s again:wacko: ).
    ok anyone else understand this??

You need 6's to hit a skimmer in close combat if it has moved more than 6" otherwise 4+, then when rolling for armour penetration you need 6's so you rend(only for warriors/stealers), for every 6 you roll, roll another dice add 10 (if it was a stealer/warrior) the 10 is your base strength + the 6 You rolled previously. The new value is your armour penetration ability and hopefully is enough to destroy the Falcon, However I advise against this Strategy as it will leave a very expensive unit out in hte open with a slim chacne to destroy its original Target!!! Just shoot it or ignore it and kill everything else. I'm sure its main target will be your winged HT.

i did this with my broodlord and he had with him 8 out of 11 stealers and i assulted a land speeder it's a skimmer and had moved but it was really gettin' on my nerves&lt;_&lt; .
    Thats a 300 point squad (HQ choice) in a 700 pt game plus u told him to take a 200 point carni and he has a 200 point HT....

i managed to kill it with a 6 on a glancing thanks to my a stealer (they all had scything talons giving them more rending attacks most of witch missed&lt;_&lt; ) and my broolord managed to take off a gun before that.
    The above is why shooting it, to disable it, is the best option.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it happenned again . . .
    we were playing on a 4x4 table
    he used two falcons with some AP2 weapon or something . . i didnt ask
    i had the same stuff, plus a broodlord and 9 stealer retinue
    he managed to kill my thrope in turn one [UNLUCKY ROLLS OF TWO FIALED ARMOR SAVES, ROLLED TWO ONES OUT OF THREE WOUNDS ARRRGH!!!!]
    so that prettymuch blew any chance of destroyed vehicles out of the picture
    for some reason my tyrant with a venom cannon couldnt quite cut it
    there was way too much terrain
    i think i got cheated there too
    he placed it all, and COVERED the board in difficult terrain
    he sat behind one strip of it all game, onyl his falcons moved
    he shot me to pieces
    we're doing terrain the RIGHT way next time
    Nids - 1150 pts (I'm poor, dont laugh)

im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy
    im too 'fexy for my carapace, too fexy for my carapace . . .

"Don't lie to me, Tyler! You know where liars go . . . . . they're elected President!!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast