Question about pathfinders and makerlights? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about pathfinders and makerlights?

IF i have a squad of 4 pathfinders can one of them fire his markerlight at one ssquad of fire worriors and can a diffrent pathfinder in the squad fire his markerlight at a diffrent squad of fire worriors?

Last edited by funkwall; August 8th, 2006 at 14:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

For starters, you don't fire the markerlight at friendly squads, you fire them at the intended target.

Per your question, no, regular pathfinders must all engage the same target. The only exception is if you upgrade a guy to a shas'ui and give him a hard-wired target lock. In that case, the team leader may engage a different target from the rest of the unit, but everyone else must fire at the same target.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if i fire four markerlights at a hormagaunt squad and 2 hit then every one of my modles shooting at the hormagaunt squad get a +2 BS?
    Last edited by funkwall; August 8th, 2006 at 19:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I don't like to say this, but do you have the codex? I think the rules are spelled out really well in there.

In general, here's how they work:

You shoot at a unit with your markerlights (typically first thing in your shooting phase). If you hit with your markerlights, you get a pool of markerlights on that unit. Any subsequently firing single unit can use any number of markerlights from the pool (thereby removing those markerlights from the pool) to do many things (as listed in the codex). Different units can use them for different things, and different units can take differing amounts of them.

In your example, a unit of FWs could remove 2 markerlights from the enemy unit your pathfinders fired at to increase their own BS +2 (1 for each markerlight).

I don't have the codex right in front of me, so the rest might be wrong (I just honestly don't remember the exact wording). I believe that this does not mean that every unit in your army gets a +2 BS, just the unit that was firing at the enemy and used the markerlight. However, I'm think that a markerlight used to decrease a cover save works for the whole army that turn (I might be wrong).

Check the codex, because the new markerlight rules are worded really well (surprising, I know), and are explained well, too.

Hope it helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

+ Reply to Thread