Should Orks be made Str. 4? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Orks be made Str. 4?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yah, beef up da boyz!

10 18.87%
  • Nah, only da biggunz is dat strong!

43 81.13%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Should Orks be made Str. 4?

Should Orks be made Str. 4?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

This has been running around the boards for a long time, and my answer is still no. It would be nice and moderatly fluffy, but I would prefer a drop in points moreso than an extra point of strenght. The number of attack we get more than makes up for the lack of strenght and the choppa destroys those who would give us problems in the wounding department , IE MEQs.

Everyone has their personal opnion, mine is that the boyz are fine as they are. Now give us better rules or drop our points and I'll be damn happy.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind a drop in point cost, so long as GW sees fit to have a pricing structure that corresponds to the figures in-game point value. The expenses start adding up if I have to go from fielding 125 models in an 1850 point game to 150 models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Poll isn't S4 or a drop in point costs..

I think everyone in their right mind would rather have a drop in point costs. Orks need something drastic, maybe the poll should be what would you do to Orks.... better weapons, cheaper units, higher strength ect.
    Last edited by Narse; August 11th, 2006 at 18:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. And I will tell you why.

If GW bumped up the strength to 4, the points would increase too. They would still be just as easy to kill. Orks killing capacity is not my problem with it, its their fragility per points.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what i think we don't need boyz to have more S what we need is a warboss that has better then 4 T, i would say 5 coz i hate it when a SM one shots my warboss in CC when my warboss is his twice his size.
    Fast is the only way to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye, strength is definately not my main gripe about orks, its easily toughness, but even then i can only see raising the T on the lt/hq units. boyz are supposed to be expendable, thats why we have 30 of them...only thing i think we need is what everybdoy else said, a slight lowering of point cost. if we want a s4 ork we can take skarboyz. if we want hardier orks we can take 'ard boyz.

my $.02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they should make them I3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I3 would make them totally own everything they fought against, even genestealers if they got the charge and had a large enough mob. i think I2 is fine, just a little revision of the waaagh rules. letting you do it in the following turns but using an extra d6 or d3 for all tests except the first round, in which you roll the normal 2d6. this would work im pretty sure because coupled with losses from the first round, unless you killed them all in it, would reduce chances anyway, and an extra d3 would make it somewhere around half chance or less, depending on what you started with.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I think the Inititiave and the Waaagh! rule are both quite alright the way they are. The Waaagh! rule should only be in effect during the charge, as it makes sense if you ask me..

However, this is a thread about Strength. I voted "no" because that's not what Orks are about. Orks are tough nuts to crack, not poweful ones. Ork Boyz (the lowest Troop ones) are buff, but that is represented by their Toughness, and shouldn't be represented by their Strength. Then, as you get to the more Elite ones (Nobz, etc.) then they start getting stronger until you finally get to the Warboss (who should, indeed, be T5 according to the fluff, in my opinion). The basic Boy isn't going to be as strong as a genetically and cybernetically enhanced super-human whose spent centuries waging war, I can assure you..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast