Destroyers...Worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyers...Worth it?

Hey everyone. This is my first time on the Necron Forum as I just recently decided to start a Necron Army after I finished my Space Marine army. Tomorrow I'm planning on buying the Necron Battleforce just becuase its so money-wise. However I have to ask if fielding Destroyers are worth it. I looked in the codex and they have a pretty strong statline and since they're going to be in my box set I want to know how to use them, if to use them at all. Thanks for the help guys

Krevzi:w00t:

W-1 L-0 D-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say that Destroyer's are pretty much the one of the keystones of a Necron Army. They move fast and pump out tons of shots with decent strength (and thanks to gauss really all you need is numbers of shots rather than worrying about the Strength rating anyway).

Overall, your warriors provide a stable 'base' while your destroyers scythe out and make true to their namesakes.

Honestly having them in units of 5's can be pretty useful though as they'll draw quite a bit of fire and you'll need enough to keep the WBB goodness going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Desroyers are probably one of the best units necrons have. Any list without at least 3 isn't really worth dicussing ... Unless of course its a CC list. The more you have, the happier you'll be. My destroyers (only 3 atm) have taken out 3 termies in one round of shooting, a variety of tanks and other heavy weapons teams. There isnt really anything they cant kill and they are pretty tough to kill themselves. Well worth it for their price, one of the best units in the game considering their versaitlity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are worth it, a unit can easily put a hurting on any unit. some advice, since they are fast attack, keep them hidden in deployment. my friend plays necrons, and my dev squad with 4 ML typically mess up his wonderful unit of destroyers, if they are out in the open, theres a chance that 4 of his 5 destroyers will die in a single turn, making them utterly useless, he will keep them hidden and pop them out and blast away with 15 shots, and and with the str of the guass cannon, thats alot of saves i have a chance of not making agasint 8 guys in my dev squad and 10 in my tac and assault squads. play them smart and keep them hidden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second all of the above motions.

Destroyers are exactly that- they can destroy anything. The long range, high rate of fire, high strength and gauss effect all combine to make their weaponry well worth the cost, especially considering they are *jetbikes*. Destroyers will eat light vehicles with fava beans, and are even decent against heavy vehicles due to the gauss effect. Where the true power of destroyers lies is in anti-infantry. There are few models out there which the destroyers won't wound on twos, and they will get AP on anything short of an MEQ. Against Guardsmen, Gaunts, Genestealers, Orks, Eldar/ DE, and fire warriors, they are death incarnate (figure of speech, not to be confused with the Nightbringer ). A full unit of destroyers will kill entire squads of these in a single turn's firing. And even against MEQ's, whose average T is 4, the gauss cannon still wounds on twos, which can allow you to force a whole lot of armor saves very quickly. :shifty:

Beware, though, Destroyers stil lhave but 1 wound, and even with their above-average T, they'll go down quickly if you don't protect them. Especially since most players know the power of destroyers and single them out relatively quickly.

...Out of fear, of course

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a bunch guys, guess the destroyers will stay in my army for sure

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyers are the bomb. Wish I had more of them.

+ Reply to Thread