Possible player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible player

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

Possible player

I am a tau player just pondering if there are any KoS players out there willing to share some tactics to a Tau sick of sucking at CC!

My friend uses them but won't share his tactics because he fears my almighty S5 basic wep lol especially against the almighty AV10 of the ork vehicles.

But i love moving a fast army so KoS is going to be my second list which i will be starting soon!

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x3)

Kult of Speed armies are very brutal and fast lists. They do not have the numbers that foot sloggers (basic ork lists) have, but they can obviously minimize casualties from shooting by hiding and getting into combat fast.

Some 'tactics' I can recommend are:

-Use terrain. It is your shield.

-When terrain is scare, or it is crucial to reach a target far away from terrain, use other, more expendable vehicles to block line of sight to the trukks.

-Remember that orks in trukks (with a red paint job) have a potential charge range of 21". With use of terrain or shields, this effectively allows the trukk to avoid most small arms fire and getting the charge 9 times out of 10.

-Use the speed of your vehicles to target the weaker side or even rear armour of enemy vehicles.

-10 orks charging have an 11 out of 12 chance of passing their Waaagh! Test when charging. Although this is a very good chance, any roll of a 5 and a 6, or two sixes will result in a failure.

-Use battlewagons if you want, but remember that they are very expensive and can die very easily for how many points invested in them.

-For looted vehicles, I recommend durable and intimidating tanks like a leman russ or a leman russ demolisher.

-Remember that speed freaks are an extremely fun and fast army to play! Enjoy them!
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread