Tau FAQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tau FAQ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Tau FAQ

Just thought you would like to know the Tau FAQ is available on the GW website, and the best thing is I was right about bloody drones and independent character status, a commander with drones is classed as a normal independent character, and Shadowsun is a totaly unique character and her drone rules are unique, the fact her drones take away her IC status is not an indication that commanders lose IC status, which is what I always argued, vindication a last.

Biggest shock to me though is the pathfinders Devilfish does not get the scout rule.

And guess what the cyclic Ion blaster does not auto wound it only gets AP1 if it wounds as normal, which basically makes it crapper than it already is, the toughness part is totaly disregarded. So with str3 and 18" range it really is a very very poor weapon wounding tgh4 on 5+.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Ooooo time to update the Forums Tau FAQ!
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Wait... what? Pathfinders must take a devilfish as a dedicated transport, but the fish doesn't get the Scout move? So you can disemnark and move the pathfinders with the scout move, or what? x_x
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

You can't disembark with the scout rule anymore you can only use the rule if you start unembarked from the fish, what BS. It does raise another question, scouts lets you deploy when you would not normally be able to do so, but if the squad has it and thier transport doesn't what happens? Do they lose this ability entirely, does the fish gain it for this one instance or can you have the pathfinders set up and their fish come later?

Also, why the heck does an army with farsight have to have another battlesuit commander? You've already dumped 170 pts in one HQ not counting bodyguards and he's clearly a Shas'o. That seems really stupid IMHO.
    Last edited by Mastershake; August 16th, 2006 at 00:20.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake
    Also, why the heck does an army with farsight have to have another battlesuit commander? You've already dumped 170 pts in one HQ not counting bodyguards and he's clearly a Shas'o. That seems really stupid IMHO.
    Aye, I'm in agreement with you there pal.
    I don;t get it myself, but I kinda wish I never bought the Farsight model now. That errata about him there seals it.

See the annoying thing is, I really like the Enclaves because the fluff is good and they are different from the main stream Tau. But with the new Enclave rules, and now this, all I can do now is use a normal force :/
    The only thing that now can suggest my force is an Enclave is the paint job and the fluff :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Toastee
    Aye, I'm in agreement with you there pal.
    I don;t get it myself, but I kinda wish I never bought the Farsight model now. That errata about him there seals it.

See the annoying thing is, I really like the Enclaves because the fluff is good and they are different from the main stream Tau. But with the new Enclave rules, and now this, all I can do now is use a normal force :/
    The only thing that now can suggest my force is an Enclave is the paint job and the fluff :/
    Yeah we all accept the whole point of the Farsight enclaves is lack of resources, but forcing yet another restriction on top of all the others is to my mind unfair, if your playing farsight your accepting limited resources but fair limitations this to my mind is unfair, Farsight is an XV8 commander so he should count as the +1 choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    Yeah we all accept the whole point of the Farsight enclaves is lack of resources, but forcing yet another restriction on top of all the others is to my mind unfair, if your playing farsight your accepting limited resources but fair limitations this to my mind is unfair, Farsight is an XV8 commander so he should count as the +1 choice.
    Im not disagreeing with you. I think its unfair too.

I just hate the way there not even an effective force now, even before this FAQ on him.
    Like someone said, you now have to fork out for another commander. In 1,500 thats and evil point sink on HQ for me.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeezus, sometimes the GW boys are on crack.

The Pathfinder DF thing is just retarded. Can anyone think of this being "abused" such as it is?

Ciris suits with drones can join a squad, but Shadowsun can't? Wtf? Why should she be different in that respect? ANd while they were administering this kick in the nuts, they didn't clarify about her stealth field and whether she can infiltrate using it!

On the upaide, they seem to be saying you allocate CC wounds form your IC onto the drones. "the commander and his drones make a sperate unit in CC" is the same language they use to describe how IC's can be singled out in the main book, so it seems like a defense in CC, now, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like ICs with drones will fair a little better in CC..are they (IC and drones) still considered a unit for shooting?

Why couldn't they take a second and answer whether sniper drone teams can be placed independantly? And whether Paranha drones form 1 new unit or several when they detatch (honestly this one seems crystal clear to me, but I've seen some debate).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could understand the Pathfinder's Devil Fish fule if the transport were an optional extra, but to be forced to take a transport that undermines a key advantage seems rather odd.

I only play with Tau so have no idea, but do other armies have the same restrictions of scouts not being able to infiltrate in their dedicated transport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast