thinking of starting necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thinking of starting necrons

hello all. I used to play tau and am considering playing Necrons.

what r some of the things that i need to know about starting a necron army.

second of all what should i get first i am thinking of picking up 2 battle force boxes and a lord an possible a monolith. I really like warriors and scarabs.

thanx for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you get 2 battleboxes, lord and monolith you pretty much have the majority of your army complete ... jsut throw in a few specialty units like immortals or wraiths and you have yourself a good 1500-2000pts army. Only thing you really need to be worried about is phase out, but with 2 battleboxes you have more than enough warriors to cover that. Buy a codex if you dont already have one, thats about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the battleforce+lord is a great start, it's definitely worth picking up the codex.

After that another battleforce and/or some immortals would be my suggestion, but it would depend on the kind of army you want to make. If you don't get another battleforce, picking up a box or two of warriors is a must.

Warriors are the heart of your army, after that, you need lords (they're the only source of wargear). After that destroyers and immortals are important for providing heavy fire.

Hope that helps give a (very brief) overview, cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really like warriors and plan building an army around warriors. i was thinking of taking some wraoths cause i like the models and they scare the hell out most of the people that play 40k at my local club. Oh and i like destroyers.

i will also have to pick up some immortals i just dont like the price tag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like warriors then Necrons are perfect as you'll need quite a lot of them. Necrons' main weakness is Phase Out and warriors are one of the main ways to avoid such a fate.

Plus warrior boxes get you scarabs, which are useful in their own right ^_^

Destroyers are most definitely worth it, they're very popular in Necron armies (high speed, good range firepower, yes please).

I don't have any first hand experience with Wraiths, from what I've heard they're more of a high point game unit as their insane save tends to get overwhelmed by the amounts of fire people end up directing at them. They do look awesome though, and they should do quite a bit of damage if you can get them up close.

The price for Immortals is most definitely painful. I only have a good number as I was able to buy some older edition ones cheap. Keeping an eye out online and you may be able to get a deal in some manner like that. If you have a good block of warriors and destroyers you should be able to put off the purchase of the Immortals while you look for other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price of immortals are deffinately painful. I wreckon they should include 2 per blister like they do with Flayed Ones. That would make the price much more bareable

+ Reply to Thread