floating or standing suits? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

floating or standing suits?

which one is better, the floating option or standing them on the base? at firts i really like the floating stands and all, but i couldn't put them into really dynamic poses. the bodies have to stand upright all the time. furthermore, one of the stands broke while i was playing a game. i've always thought that standing was kind of boring but more stable. my questions are, which option is better? is there anyway to make the floating stands more durable and posable? or can u really make the standing suit look cool?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

floating stands and all, but i couldn't put them into really dynamic poses.
    drill the hole for the clear plastic at an angle.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the upaide, floating means less ankle breakage.

On the downside, most floating poses look like gay jumping ballerinas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I've noticed and found solutions to both of the problems.

As for the dynamic poses, you can cut the legs at the joint, reverse them and then place in a good bent knee posts. This gives you some really dynamic poses. As for the problem of the stems breaking, I suggest using the "ball and socket" pieces (search GW site using those terms andyou should find it). The parts are only about 50 cents USD and give you the ability to both move the suit around allowing for a moving forward or flying back pose and it gives you the ability to detach the suits for movement and storage and makes it less likely that it'll break. If you wanna see some examples of the bent knee poses, check some of my suits in the gallery.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

I've a mix for mine really, though I have just about pinned all my standing suits now.

Though I do have more standing suits than flying ones, but then I've still to make two TL Flamer suits.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I went with standing models and got fancy with the arm positions to compensate for the static look. I feel that people look more at the arms than the legs of a model.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I like the flying stands more -- I think you can customize the position way more... especially if you do a little cutting and redrilling, etc. All my suits are flying :o
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2/3rds of my suits are flying. I have also chopped the legs and arms up for repositioning and put more angle into the clear plastic to get the more dynamic poses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Here are the downside of both... which I just discovered yesterday while playing in my local GW store.

Standing -- When you drop it on the floor, your gun/head will break off.. or worse.. the leg will break from the feet. (lucky I brought glue with me last night)

Floating -- When you drop it on the floor, your floating stand will break... and result in the glued joint being stucked in the hole where it's inserted. :x (now I have to use drill to open up the hole again...)

In case you are wondering.. yep, I dropped all 6 of my crisis on the floor yesterday due to my big thumb and broke all 6... :rolleyes:
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you are wondering.. yep, I dropped all 6 of my crisis on the floor yesterday due to my big thumb and broke all 6...
    Quite a bit of Touching up to do then on all those broken joints? :wacko:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast