My army, what should i get next ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army, what should i get next ?

Heyas guys, any input would be greatly appreciated. A friend just sold to me a crapload of eldar guys, most of it in very bad condition. :cry: but here is what, after much hard work, i was able to salvage-

1 Avatar
    4 Warlocks
    22 Guardians
    1 Falcon
    1 Fire Prism
    2 Heavy Grav Weapons with crew
    1 Wraithlord
    3 Vipers
    6 Howling Banshees
    1 Brightlance Platform
    6 Rangers
    1 Wave Serpent
    10 Storm Guardians
    1 Craftworld Eldar Codex

Sadly, of the stuff included it didnt include the actual eldar codex. So as you can imagine, i have no idea what to get next. I know most of you won't bother with the post but it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers:tongue:
    Skello

Starting anew-september 22 2005

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

1.) Open your PM box.

2.) That's a lot of stuff, is it all painted?
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it was all horribly painted but it looks good as new as soon as i spraypainted it black

-er, whats a PM box?

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's actually a pretty good mix of stuff! You don't really need to buy anything with all of that, to be honest, and I'd hold off buying anything until the new Codex comes out.

If I had a .pdf of the old Codex, I'd pm it to you, but... well, you can probably get one cheap on eBay, or SOMEONE living near you probably has a copy that they'll let you photocopy. it's not like expecting you to buy the old Codex with the new one coming out is kind or realistic.

Here's how I'd swing a good army out of all that:

HQ

Farseer (just convert one of the Warlocks into a Farseer and paint him a lot better; it's easy to add a cape...) w/ mindwar, Fortune, spirit stones, witchblade

ELITES

6 Howling Banshees, upgrade one to an Exarch w/ Acrobatic

TROOPS

11 guardians w/ a heavy grav platform, led by a Warlock w/ conceal

11 guardians as above

8 Storm Guardians, led by a Warlock w/ Embolden. If you can swing it, give them 2 Fusion Guns and have the Warlock be a Singing Spear model - if not, then don't stress it. Have the Farseer attached to this squad. Give them the Wave Serpent, but don't mount them in it.

6 Rangers

FAST ATTACK

1 Vyper

1 Vyper

1 Vyper, as quick objective grabbers and fire support.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Wraithlord

Falcon w/ Starcannon if you can swing it

Fire Prism (suxxor, but it'll get better in the new book...)

That probably runs close to 1500 points, maybe even a little over! See? A reasonably respectable army. Not GREAT, but playable... definitely playable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and spraypainting them black over old paint is BAAAAAAAAAD!!

But fortunately, you can strip off the old paint with some effort and some patience!

Go to your local grocery store and go looking for some Simple Green (a spray cleaner) in a refill container, and find yourself a jar with a tight lid. Pour the Simple Green in the jar, drop the miniatures to be stripped inside of it, and wait a couple of days. Pull them out and scrub them with an old toothbrush; if there's still a lot of paint clinging to them don't be afraid to dip them again.

We all do it sometimes. Expect to repeat this process at least twice throughout your painting life; as you get better you look at the old paintjobs and go, "Gawd. How DID I let that slide?"

I turned these...

Into this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, Iamfanboy. Really appreciate it. just one question- what weapons should i put on the Wraithlord and Vipers? Cause the box of stuff the army came in also has customizable weapons :tongue:

Blood Angels
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Tau
    W/D/L
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question.

In THEORY, Wraithlords would be better to have Brightlances because they have a higher BS, and the best thing to stick on Vypers would be multi-shot weapons like Starcannons - but my Wraithlords suck when it comes to shooting. <_< I can count on the fingers of one TOE how many vehicles they've actually managed to kill.

In a time frame stretching back some 4 years. There's a reason I tend to throw Fire Dragons at what vehicles need to die...

I'm on the verge of giving one of my Vyper squads their Brightlances and sticking the Wraithlords with Starcannons. That way, I might be able to zip around for side armour shots while really stiffing it to Space marine players with the Starcannons.

But you may have better luck than I do, in which case feel free to give the Wraithlord a Brightlance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

A PM box is a private message box.

I cannot send you pms (private messages) because you have it turned off, or an admin has turned it off.

Sorry for the late response, went away for the weekend.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

+ Reply to Thread