Stickbommaz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stickbommaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stickbommaz

Yes, more newbie questions!

In the first flush of excitement I bought myself a box of stickbommaz without even knowing the rules for grenades. Now I find myself wondering:
    1) Does the "close combat weapon" entry in their army list deliberately mean they do NOT use choppas and do not modify opponents' armour saves?
    2) Are they really as bad as they appear and in 99.7% of cases I would be better served with vanilla sluggas?
    3) Seeing as i've shelled out for the models is it worth giving them Tankbusta bomz (and mixing in some tankbusta models for effect)?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first of all I myself think that if you're going to play cityfight, they'll have their uses, but in other cases they aren't very good.

1. No they don't have choppas, only a close combat weapons. marines will still have their 3+save.

2 I don't think they're any good at all and will take sluggas any day. I know a lot of ork players I know don't have much use for them.

3. With the stikbombs,they look a lot like dead ard orks ready to blow up a tank! I plan to use them to make my tankbustas! That's the only reason I'm getting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're a nice conversion to ard boyz, just throw on more of those little spiky sholder guards. Other than that, yeah, I don't like em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed whole heartedly with the previous posts. Might as well grab tankbustas ot slugga boyz. But the models are still good, make some handy conversions.
    "Let them come and feel the wrath of the Hammer of the Emperor! FIRE!!"
    Captain von Drake
    396th Belruvian Heavy Infantry

Regimental Battle Honors: Medusa Campaign
    Alma III Campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tank bustas are a good choice and yes using stikk bommas as a base for converting them is smart.

THe unit itselt is not very useful however and you shouldnt waste the points on getting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tankbustaz bust tanks better (hence the name) but stikkbommaz are ok at light vehicles but do better at taking on other squads in hand to hand because of the numbers. 10 orks are more likely to break and run than 30. They are a good back up unit. You can still load them up with rokkits, burnaz, bigshootaz and stuff. Tankbustaz can only have rokkits and with ork ballistic skill that isn't anything to write home about. 3 burnz in a squad helps you to cover a wide range of uses. Hell, give stikkbommaz tankbusta bomz and they only cost 1 point more than tankbustaz anyway.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the poodles of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Well, yes, stikkbommaz form greater mobs, but that's the only advantage they have in my opinion. Admittedly they have more flexible weapon choices than tankbustaz, but apart from burna boyz and stormboyz, every ork mob has the full weapon choice (lootaz are a special case :rolleyes: )
    Skarboyz, for an example are just a measly 1 point more expensive, and (for extra cost, of course) you can equip them with frag and/or krak, too. And they do perform in CC even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkbert
    Skarboyz, for an example are just a measly 1 point more expensive, and (for extra cost, of course) you can equip them with frag and/or krak, too. And they do perform in CC even better.
    Of course skar boys are going to do a little better against space marines and armoured nasties just because of the Choppa but if you give a skarboy a frag and a krak he costs 14 points. A stikkbomma with frag, krak and Tankbusta bommz costs 12 points. Skar boys seem cooler but how often does str 4 really matter. Very lighht vehicles can be just glanced. There is only one toughness it actually makes a difference on and I think that is toughness 7 (some carnifexes). Skar boyz just because of choppers make a better assault troop against armoured nasties but against anything else You are going to do as well if not better with stikkbommaz. I said Stikkbommaz are good back up troops. Assault is for assault troops.

Sorry I am inclined to agree with you that Skarboys are pretty cool, especially if you are a goff. I just think that maybe people expect stikkbommaz to be taking out landraiders and monoliths with ease and nobody does that anyway. i'll have to playtest the two unit types and see which one seems to do better.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the poodles of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you kidding me? S4 is going to do a lot more than just allow it to wound t7 carnies.

Against space marines this increases your chances of wounding from 33% to 50%, which is almost a 50% increase in the ability to kill space marines.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has always seemed to me to be suicide using stickbombaz against tanks. I mean, charging 20-30 unarmoured orks across open ground through the fire that a landraider and its supporting troops can lay down seems like a recipe for disaster; especially if the vehicle keeps backing away. Popping rokkits at it from cover sounds like a much better idea. A mass charge of stickbombaz might work though, if you had enough of them.
    If you drop a shell on your foot an it don't urt, your shoota aint big enough!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast