What next? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What next?

Well, new to Necrons, and slowly working on my army, but I just came across a sale since a local store was closing and got a whole bunch of blisters for half price. So far I've got...
    1 Lord
    32 Warriors
    3 Destroyers
    8 Scarab Swarms
    2 Wraiths
    2 Tomb Spyders
    2 Flayed Ones
    1 Immortal
    Now without the flayed ones and immortal (since I don't have enough to make a group) and disruption fields on my scarabs, as well as 100 points of gear on my lord it all makes a nice even 1250 points. Which is playable for now, but I'd like to get up to a nice even 1500.
    What would YOU add to this to get it up to 1500?
    I thought about a Monolith but it's a big point sink when my model count is a mere 38. I was thinking about filling it out with Flayed Ones but I'm looking for experienced players' opinions since, like I said, I'm new to Necrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feild many many Immortals and destroyers they are about the most mobile and a lot of fire power:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good next step for you would be to fill out the FO's and Immortals to their minimum squad numbers so you can actually field them- this will give you some variety and the both of them combined will easily get you to 1500. :yes: Also, you might try adding one more wraith to that squad for the maximum of 3. Wraiths are rather vulnerable in small groups, and the more you have the better they become.

Of course, if you find Immortals, Wraiths, and FO's don't suit your play style, you can't go wrong with more Destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt bother with tomb spiders in such a small pts game. But deffinately get another wraith, and fill out your flayed ones and immortals squad. Destroyers are always excellent. I think i use 8 destroyers and 3 wraiths in the one list quite frequently when i play. That list also includes 10 flayed ones and 7 immortals, so getting more of those squads is deffinately well worth it. You have plenty of warriors so no need for more of those. Maybe look at gettin a monolith somewhere down the track, but its not one of your more important buys ... just something to have handy seems its really effective against most armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it seems everyone's opinion so far is basically the same so I know it's got to be good advice. As far as the tomb spyders go. I got them, because they were half price heh. I shopped the store right out of Necron blisters (it's a small store). Figured I'd need them one day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh you'll need them in larger battles when you've just got too many warriors that they cant all be near each other. Handy when you get hit by the pie plates and they can then go join another squad even tho majority got wiped out etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another wraith. Wraiths are NASTY when used right.

+ Reply to Thread