What to buy?? Help meeee!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to buy?? Help meeee!!!

I stopped buying some of my 'Nids after the first FAQ was brought out (I'm so happy that that they changed it). So now I'm off to the GW shop on Sunday and I have around 60-70 pounds. So far (And I will be using in my army) I have a Forgeworld Malanthrope, Broodlord (Haven't bought his retinue yet as I don't know how many I should field), A Lictor, 3 Zoeys, 8 Hormies, 8 fleshborer gaunts and thats it. I am aiming to make a 1500 point army list and have not decided what type of army to play (Please help with pros and cons). SO help me what to buy and A little help with how to customise would be nice. Maybe a little tactics too??

===Richy=== Thanks in Advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

wait, they changed the FAQ? AWSOME! i didn't know that! are you sure?

anyway, it all depends on what kind of list you want to play. do you want a list with lots of assaulty stuff hitting their lines turn two? if so, genestealers with scuttlers and hormagaunts are for you. want tons of little guys? do spinegaunts and/ or termagaunts, plus some warriors and a hive tyrant to keep synapse up. Warriors and zoans got the nerf bat in the FAQ though, so watch out.

for the broodlord's retinue, i suggest keeping it small. its easier to hide behind cover and infliltrate closer that way.

if you get a carnifex (and you probably should, but again, it depends on what kind of list you want) i would give it guns, because besides the zoans (which die easily now) it's the only anti tank you've got. discounting LARGE numbers of rending attacks you can get with all genestealer lists.

Now go, and win victories in the name of the hive mind!!
    but first wait for the advice of people smarter and more experianced than me!!
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

You definetly need more basic troops, with just 16 gaunts your not gonna get far.
    All in all I qwould advice for getting a battlefroce, that 16 more gaunts, 8 genestealer, 3 warriors and 1 carnifex to add to your army.

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerofAsmodean
    wait, they changed the FAQ? AWSOME! i didn't know that! are you sure?

anyway, it all depends on what kind of list you want to play. do you want a list with lots of assaulty stuff hitting their lines turn two? if so, genestealers with scuttlers and hormagaunts are for you. want tons of little guys? do spinegaunts and/ or termagaunts, plus some warriors and a hive tyrant to keep synapse up. Warriors and zoans got the nerf bat in the FAQ though, so watch out.

for the broodlord's retinue, i suggest keeping it small. its easier to hide behind cover and infliltrate closer that way.

if you get a carnifex (and you probably should, but again, it depends on what kind of list you want) i would give it guns, because besides the zoans (which die easily now) it's the only anti tank you've got. discounting LARGE numbers of rending attacks you can get with all genestealer lists.

Now go, and win victories in the name of the hive mind!!
    but first wait for the advice of people smarter and more experianced than me!!

Just to clear up, they cant be insta killed, so are back to full strength(psy)

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Yeah, your best bet is buying the Battle Box. It will boost your troops with the guants, help you shooting/combat and synapse witht he warriors and some shooting with the canifex.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread