Need help with a paint scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with a paint scheme

I am currently working on my Hive Fleet and I need help with a paint scheme. SO far i know I want to paint the skin an Albino-like Ice Blue but I'm not sure about what colors to use for claws and carapace.

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Given that your going with a light coluor on the skin I would suggest a far darker colour so there's a good contrast between both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Funny, this was the scheme I decided on for my future 'nid army. With ice blue, its difficult to get coloures that don't clash too badly. Stick with blues perhaps. For the carapace, use UM Blue highlighted with 50/50 UMB and IB. Or alternatively use Space Wolves grey. For claws and talons, it would look nice to have codex grey shaded into fortress grey going into skull white, shading from base to point. White eyes would also stand out nicely.

This scheme looks especially lovely on snow bases. Use gratuitous blood stains in the snow for greater effect :shifty:.
    Last edited by Will J; August 27th, 2006 at 01:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark
    I am currently working on my Hive Fleet and I need help with a paint scheme. SO far i know I want to paint the skin an Albino-like Ice Blue but I'm not sure about what colors to use for claws and carapace.
    Well what colours to use depends on the look you want. I remember you saying you wanted 'ice world Tyranids'. If that is still the case I would try using a ligt grey on the carapace. A dark grey will look dirty. White is another way to go or very pale bone. Be careful with bone though as the flesh tones often used to shade it are warm. A basic bone colour will also work well on the claws.

If you want to use a dark colour beware. If you were to use dark blue the effect will be a somewhat oceanic/aquatic look for them not icy monster. One dark colour that will work is black. The temperature black has is dictated by the colours around it. If you walk past someones house on a very hot day and look inside and see the walls are painted blue it will look cool inside. It could actually be much hotter inside if someone has the central heating on. Black will also work well on the claws.

You could try to use black carapace and bone/white claws. This will give a distinctive breakup in the different parts of the model. You could of course reverse this and have the models pale blue with white/bone/grey carapace. This effect will be very stark but also be quite striking as most Tyranid swarms have a very distinctve diffrence when it comes to skin and carapace. The claws could be black which will indicate they are the dangerous parts of the Tyranids the same way the black and yellow stripes of a wasp indicate danger.

For any other parts like tongue and eyes it depends what you want. Pink is good but avoid it if you decide no to the 'ice planet' and go for something like a red carapace. Red and pink clash. A pale green tongue is another add a little blue to make it more cool. Eyes I suggest either white or if your'e already using that or feel it's to close to the pale blue try green.

I fyou don't want icy Tyranids just do the reverse or go for a venom green as a carapace colour and bone claws.
    Last edited by Leech; August 27th, 2006 at 14:55.

+ Reply to Thread