Reason For Starting Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i always liked orks, and i heard a Space Marine player dissing orks (i happen to know this kid a bit) so I said I could destroy his Space Wolf force with any Ork force I come up with.....my friend gave me his old Ork codex and a Shoota boy and a Slugga boy to start me off....BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ORKS TO GET TO KILL HIS SPACE WOLVES WITH!!!!!!!!!my friend told me not to go with any vehicles really, and to just go with footies instead.......I am supposed to play this marine player in a month...so i need to seriously think up a way to destroy his forces. can anyone who has killed many space wolves help me out? thanks much - Fugazi

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems rather foolish to boast you can defeat a SW army with any ork army, especially when you don't actually know anything about the orks.

He gave you a single shoota boy model and a single slugga boy model? You're going to need a LOT more models.

My suggestion buy a couple boxes of boyz along with a warboss -OR- a battle box (either way you&#39;re looking to spend ~&#036;50-100) and plan on losing a few battles and eating your words. Given the sheer volume of a typical ork army, it&#39;s also going to be quite a feat just putting together a complete ork army in a month, not including painting. In addition, it&#39;s going to be quite an investment of money if you&#39;re going to try to fight more than 750 pts or so to start because you need quite a few orks to fill out a 1500 pt roster. <_<

There&#39;s really no secret way to defeat any particular army and IMO you need to play a few games to learn the strengths & weaknesses of your army. In particular a LOT depends on how your friend configures and plays his space wolves: SWs are largely designed to be a "rhino rush" type of army and many players thus pack their CC units in rhinos and race ahead while the heavier armed long range units chew you up. If this is his typical approach, then your first objective is to kill those rhinos before they reach you. Zzap cannons can be pretty effective in this role. The other key is having your orks charge HIM, not the other way around. Thus the distances between your armies is critical b/c you want to leave him just short of completing a charge and thus letting you charge during your phase of the turn.

On the other hand, he may actually play the SWs in a more shooty way, standing back and mowing down your orks as they charge. In that case you need grots to screen your boyz along with some fast attack units (especially trukkboyz) to take the fight to him quickly. He might also have a Leman Russ which is going to chew up scores of your boyz; if he does you&#39;ll need something powerful, like a power claw wielding warboss and some nob bodyguards. Otherwise you simply won&#39;t be able to do anything to it and he&#39;s going to slaughter your boyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Get some Grotz regardless, if he has a rhino rush army you can use these as a speed bump. Put them at the front of your lines, with mobs of slugga boyz behind them. The SW will charge the Grotz, and either will be held up by them, or they kill them but can&#39;t consolidate into another unit (only 3" move, that&#39;s why your slugga boyz will be 4" behind the Grotz). For Grot models, buy a box of WFB night goblins.

Of course you need plenty of slugga boyz, say 3 boxes or so. Then a warboss (choppa and power claw combo rocks), and maybe a Trukk to add some mobility, though that might not be necessary.

If you want to, get some Killer Kanz, they&#39;re pretty sweet ^_^ . Just move em alongside the slugga mobz if you&#39;re advancing, otherwise hide em behind terrain to countercharge where needed.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks....hes a rusher, so i was thinking of getting multitudes of boyz (with a grot screen) or just have some bikes screen my boyz...i was going to get some nobz with power clawz and also some flamers and whatnot. i was looking at getting 3-6 kanz....everyone says they are exceptional at almost every task and have qutie a low points cost as well.

Closed Thread