Question for the Hive Nod - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for the Hive Nod

Okay so I’m sure you get this question all the time however, I could not think of a better place to turn to then the advice of the Tyranid council. I have been collecting my Tyranid army for about four year, and I have a wonderful collection (or so I think so) of models that range from all editions. Personally I think it adds a great flavor to the army it shows that no two Tyranid are the same. Sadly I have digressed……..

Despite my ability to collect and assemble Tyranid I have only been able to play one game, due to deployments and living in Asia for the 3 years I have been unable to find any adversary’s.

This is soon to change, with my return to the United States I will have access to playing, and on that note my veteran friend has challenged myself to a game. I would like to have the perfect army (but doesn’t everyone). Bottom line I would like the game to be fun and I would like to ask you all a few questions? And get your advise on what I will be fielding. I am expecting to face the Emperors Hammer “Imperial Guard�, as well Necron.

My main questions is what do you all think about “With out Numbers� at 3 points a model it seem pricey however, the idea of a 9 point Gaunt that can re-roll wounds at S4 and re-spawn after it dies is tempting. But those points can also be used on other more stompy models. What do you all think is it worth the points or would it be better to use them on something else? On that note does a new brood spawn or does the existing brood have to be whipped from the board before it re-spawns?

And on that note this is what I will be fielding, we are playing a 2000 point game

Termagants x32 “With Out Numbers� 4 broods of 8 each

Warrior Brood x3 “Winged, Adrenal Glands x2, Scything Talons x2, Toxin Sac�

Warrior Brood x8 “Adrenal Glands (WS), Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sac, Devourer, Scything Talons, Venom Cannon x1� 2 broods of 4 each

Brood Lord x1 “Extended Carapace, Toxin Sac, Retinue (5 Gene Steelers W/Toxin Sac, Extended Carapace and Rending Claws)�

Red Terror x1 “It’s just that cool looking and the idea of swallowing stuff is fun�

Hive Tyrant x1 “Adrenal Glands (WS), Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sac, Toxic Miasma, Venom Cannon, Scything Talons, Psychic Scream, Retinue x3 Guard Brood�

Zoanthropes x3 “All with Warp Blast, 2 with Psychic Scream, 1 with Synapse Creature�

Carnifex x2 “Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon�

Total 1977 points

That still leaves me 33 points for more bugs

What does the council think, do you think I should drop the “With Out Numbers� and maybe cash them in for a duel wielding Carnifex with twin linked devourers. Every thing I have read say there worth the points.

As well the Gene Steelers could be dropped as well they come out too 115 points. However, they have the potential for a lot of damage linked with the Brood Lord. But as well would be a quick target do ordnance weapons.

Please your advise will be taken to heart, as well be brutal it’s only fair, you all have more field experience then me.

Thank you all for your time

=====End Transmission====

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest getting rid of the Without Numbers and maybe consolidate those gaunts into larger broods. Your Synapse coverage looks pretty good while I would say that you may want to tone down your Genestealer retinue because they usually die pretty quickly (their main role is to take wounds for the Broodlord. Other than that, your list looks pretty good but I would suggest including more "little guys".
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Seth that you should drop the without numbers as it is not a very effective point sink... cuz when they do come back they come back at the table edge in your deployment zone.... and against even a decent opponent your gun gaunts will be ignored during turn 1 and probably even turn two as they are easily dispatched....

The broodlord I have a question......Why would you use a broodlord and his retinue at such a high point game? for the cost of your BL and his retinue you could get a winged tyrant with twin linked devourers (which i refer to as the John Woo Tyrant) a winged tyrant with warp field, enhanced senses, toxin sacs and 2x twin linked devourers comes out to about 200 pts.

Also in my opinion I don't like the configuration for both sets of warriors .... the winged warriors will be torn to shreds, as they will not be allowed a save against most armies main weapon...i.e bolter, gauss flayer, pulse rifle... and with all three of those armies enough shots will hit to pretty much wipe out the squad..... and I just don't like shooty warriors...if i use warriors at all they are configured for close combat with schything talons, rending claws, leaping and toxin sacs.

Add some hormies to your list and maybe a squad or two of genestealers with extended carapace only and your army should be straight....although i would think about taking the psychic scream off of those zoanies and just make all three of them synapse so you can spread the board and make your opponent choose hit shots wisely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds very good, I think I will drop the “With out Numbers� that is an extra 96 points if my math is correct. My logic behind the Brood Lord was quite silly I guess. Heck anything that is limited to 0-1 cannot be that bad of a unit……right? Besides it looks cool. But I do love my winged Hive Tyrant.

Do you think the Twin-linked Devourer Fex is worth the points? Or should I spend it on more small bug?

As well for the Physic Scream, I was attempting to use the Physic choir tactic, or is it not that effective?

Thank you both for your advice

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

I think drop psychic scream, the devi fex is worth it, but you seem to be slightly lacking in the "small guys" department

+ Reply to Thread