How do you select/manage your fast attack options - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you select/manage your fast attack options

I was thinking lately that due the overcrowded space in my fast attack section to put 2 Vypers in the same unit... has anyone done this and which fast attack units do you choose in 1500pt game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Ugh. Unless you're trying to load up massivly with starcannons I would strongly advise against doing that.

The reason is that the rules for groups of vehicles are pretty brutal. First hits are split between the two models (so for example if a preditor gets a shot off at the pair there's a good chance both will die whereas seperate only one could possibly be destroyed).

Secondly if one gets stunned you can't move the other off without the first counting as destroyed. That sucks.

You might want to think about going Sam hain if you really like the vypers, depending on what the rest of your force is.

Personally I use a pair of CTM starcannon vypers as my fast attack choice. This isn't a hugely popular option but I've had very good results with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sunnyside is correct.

You should only merge your Vypers into one squadron if you've used up all of your Fast Attack choices and have no other options, for reasons already mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although with the new fast attack reshufle in the new dex, were looking at decent hawks and shining spears, spiders are moving in and theres vypers too. so not a lot of room for selection, i guess those who want multiple vypers in the new dex are either gonna have to bite the vehcile squadron rules, or ignore the other tasty options.

the point? dont load up on 6 vypers before novemeber, cause youll likely regret it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the squadron rules are very harsh, and so don't us them.
    as a single verhicle they have better manouvrebility to take a good shot.
    we have indeed a lot of choices put is depends on how you are jused to play.

hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pity really since I have four of them and just recently converted shining spears… it looks that 2 of them will have to collect dust for a while at least, I'll run a vehicle squadron with some shining spears and swooping hawks and see how it'll go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Piraticus
    A pity really since I have four of them and just recently converted shining spears… it looks that 2 of them will have to collect dust for a while at least, I'll run a vehicle squadron with some shining spears and swooping hawks and see how it'll go.

good luck and let us know how it goes.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Actually if you're talking about the new dex you might want to think about not using the vypers at all. With the nerfed starcannons I think the other fast attack options will just be downright better unless the other options get cheaper.

As for what to do with them.

1. I find that they make a great jetbike upgrade option. Especially for farseers. Honestly a farseer on a regular jetbike just looks silly. Instead remove the gunner bits and just put a regular farseer standing on the back as if the vyper were a platform for them with a driver.

2. If we're really lucky the harlequins will have the option to take a venom as a transport option. And the venom is converted vyper.
    Last edited by sunnyside; September 11th, 2006 at 17:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very harsh decision… I know that people were playing Saimm-Hann armies before they received the treatments in the new codex. Just because something has been downgraded it doesn't meant that it lost its role in the army…
    1. Vypers will still be in my army but rather as a 'crowd' control (scatter laser and shuricken cannon- that's seven shoots it also has strength to hurt lighter vehicles) also there's rumor on 40k that if you take seer council you must use USF rules (improved probably) where I'll probably be able to take 2-3 of them in my force… so at his moment I wouldn't dismiss my vypers (but upgrades are going up-ouch)…
    2. I will convert my farseer on a jetbike using vyper gunner lover legs/shining spear exarch torso/ jetbike rider’s arm/pistol/sword…
    3. I seriously doubt that there will be Venom it would be nice…

4. It’s good to be back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let us wait and see how things will be in the new dex.
    we can go on and on how things are at the moment but with 2 months we will need to change it all anyway.

but sure, that now Spiders and the new Hawks will both be fast attack, the Vyper will have some real competition.

+ Reply to Thread