New Codex New Craftworlds? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Codex New Craftworlds?

I was wondering if there has been any word concerning Craftworlds with the upcoming codex. I assume this codex will replace Craftworld Eldar as well.
    Do we know if they will include new craftworlds with new rules or are craftworld-specific rules being tossed out completely? I apologize if this topic as been covered already. If so, please direct me to the thread.

The Wanderers have returned...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

There has been a lot more discussion on warseer than here, but the consensus is that there are no specific craftworld rules. The list is designed to be able to make an army from any Craftworld. Rumour is the Ulthwe strike force is the only external list. Codex Craftworld Eldar is gone and is not being replaced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's correct. The new army list will be designed with all Craftworlds in mind. Here are some (rumored) examples:

1) Rangers can be upgraded to Pathfinders, but the disruption table has been removed.
    2) Jetbikes are Troops choices now.
    3) Full-strength Wraithguard units count as Troops instead of Elites.

Sorry no Seer Council, though. Ah well, at least USF is in tact so Ulthwe players can still have a unique list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well rumor has it that there will be a 'system' which will show you which units to take should you wish to play a particular craftworld…

Ulthwe for example:
    0-1 Seer Council
    Autarch

Elites (you many not have more aspect warriors than you have guardian squads):
    Aspect warriors
    Wraithguard

Troops:
    Guardians (perhaps even advising to be 1+)
    Aspect warriors
    Jetbikes

Fast attack
    As it is/will be

Heavy support
    As it is/will be

As for the rumored part:
    1.) There will be a Seer council but in limited form
    2.) Autarch as new HQ
    3.) No Black guardians
    4.) Pathfinder special rules are not the same as in C: CWE
    5.) Few extra weapon upgrades, no word if we'll get any new vehicle upgrades (anti-mine disruption field would have been nice)
    6.) Shuriken cannon is getting cheaper/starcannon is geting reduction in shots which is a lame move made by GW.
    7,) Spiritseer is an upgrade for our warlocks

Overall we're getting big blows when it comes to variety and I really hope that our codex wont be so balanced as it seems; with all those 'broken' (drop pod BU! Armies,Asscanonn aries, Siren bomb etc.) armies running around it would be a must if we could take some of the 'broken' combos.

+ Reply to Thread