Mega Battles? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mega Battles?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Mega Battles?

where can i find the rules for mega battles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mega battle=Normal game with more then 2 players to play bigger games, 4k 6k 8k etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls
    where can i find the rules for mega battles?
    I dont beleve that there are any writen rules for mega battles, it is all up to the people who want to play a game of an extra size, making rules for themselves such as including more force organisation charts and wether or not forge world units are avalable, size of the table and the distance each army must be deployed from each other, all these become eazyer to balence the more games you play and test,
    So yeh its totaly up to you,
    look up at what other mega battle reports there are on the net for examples of what other have done if you are still lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play mega-battles ALL the time. In fact, one-on-one games are rather strange for me sometimes because I'm not used to them.

Mega battles are, in my opinion, the funnest way to play the game, one on one's are more intense because of the competetive nature, but Mega battles are an absolute wonder of blissful, Warhammer-induced dreams.

My favorite Mega-battle memory was probably when I teamed up with my roommate's Blood Angels army (doesn't sound fluffy but we have great imaginations and trust me, there's a good reason they were fighting alongside nids..hehehe).

The sheer awesomeness of my swarm of hormagaunts and spinegaunts--64 strong--rushing into battle with a chaplain-lead Death Company in the middle of the swarm was awe-inspiring to behold. We used a Carnifex up front as bait and then proceeded to tear the SM/IG/DarkAngels army to horrible little pieces. We had 3000 points on each side; 2000 nid points, 1000 of my friend's Blood Angels, against 1000 DA, 1000 IG, and 1000 regular SM points.

'Twas glorious.

FYI though, if you are giong to play a three-player game then I find that putting one loot counter in the middle is the only way to go. Otherwise, one of the three players inevitably gets teamed up on. This can be very frustrating for most players but usually it's the sheer geography of the three-player match that causes this. WIth the counter in the middle then it becomes a massive pile of carnage where everyone is in it and no one feels like they are being picked on.

SEtting up the three-player match deployment zone is the hardest part. That requires some math on a square table, let me tell you.

Oh, and this other time me and another Nid player I'd met for the first time teamed up against SM's and Eldar for another glorious game (we lost though).

And even better was the time he and I were on opposite teams and halfway through the game, both of our Hive Tyrants ended up in a 3-turn FISTICUFF against each other.

'Twas also glorious.
    Last edited by knightenfex; September 8th, 2006 at 08:39.

+ Reply to Thread