what to put on my lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what to put on my lord

well i am planning on getting two lords for my army...i'm pretty new to the DE but have been playing necrons for a while now...but what i was going to put on one of my lords was an agoniser, cc weapon, c drugs and thats all i got so far...any other suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll surely want to get a Shadow Field. The 2+ Inv. Save is very important to keep your Lord alive. Further I like to give him Troph racks, but my Lord is still a coward.
    Against Low LD armies you could further take a Hellmask or a Mask of the Damned (but against Necrons these gadgets will be rather useless).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many variations of a Dark Eldar Archon/Dracon. There's some that can be extroadanary anti-MEQ, and anti-HQ units, and others which are very cheap and efficient.
    You should almost always put combat drugs on your lord.

If you want a high str, archon w/ good attacks and a great save try to get - Punisher, Animus, t. helm, combat drugs, and a shadowfield. They can become Str 6, with 5 attacks on the charge. I use this build sometimes in a WWP army with Incubi, they can rip through anything most of the time.

A cheap, but efficient dracon could just be armed with combat drugs, an agoniser, and splinter pistol. You can change the splinter pistol with a tormenter helm, split the agoniser with a power weapon, and put him on a bike with a ton of reavers.

Other Builds usually revolve around giving the dracon/archon a agoniser, s.pistol, combat drugs, and a shadowfield. Some people give them trophy racks to give them LD10. But don't try to put to many things on the Lord or else he will just be a disappointing point sink. And don't think the Shadowfield is the most reliable thing in the world. I once made 6 saves from marines, but failed one powerfist blow. Sooner or later, the lord will die, so you want him to do as much damage as possible before he goes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Basically the more points that you spend on a model the more points you can justify on wargear upgrades, these more expensive models only being really relevant in larger armies. So with that in mind you need to first establish the maximum point limit of your force, the overall composition of your own army (and if possible your opponents)and your style of play. Also note that if you are playing DE only one Dark Lord Archon or Archite is possible but as many other HQ choices as legally allowed can be fielded. And your Dark Lord needs a shadowfield (to stay alive long enough to use its huge attack ability) to justify its high points cost, so only one Lord at a time.
    The wargear it must take is a shadowfield and combat drugs (+1 attack is nice to start with), the choice of a power weapon or agoniser and maybe other upgrades according to your personal taste. The use of a reaver jetbike is sometimes used but only in combination with a squad of others, this combo exists solely to get your lord into close combat.
    Your Lord must never be left alone on the battle field as the shadowfield is good but not that good, and wounds must be deflected onto other troops wherever possible.
    To sum up the bigger the army, the more upgrades for your Lord, the more Marine type of army you face the more ypu will need a power weapon and never leave the Lord alone if possible. The HQ retinue should also always have plasma grenades to strike first in all conditions.
    Hope that helps.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Simple strategy - keep your points cost moderately low. Don't stack on upgrades that "might" be useful... go with the ones that have been proven to be so. Even when you increase in point sizes, there's really no point in throwing on more useless baggage. Kit your Archon, etc. how you want to, then stick with it - don't give them all this weird stuff. Keep it basic, and cheap, and they'll outperform most other enemy HQ's while in CC.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

There are 2 modifications that I use:

Dracon – Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Tormentor Helm, CCW, G talisman, P Grenades
    (Against armies with mostly T4 models with High Ld and usualy high Ld-necron, SM)

or

Dracon – Punisher, Combat Drugs, Tormentor Helm, Hell Mask, Trophy Rack
    (This is against armies with mostly T3 models with usually lower Ld-guard, nids)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I use 3 variations.

1. Dracon, punisher, tormentor Helm - 60. - cheap, perfect for an incubi retinue.
    2. Archon, punisher, tormentor helm, combat drugs, shadowfield - 135 - good meq hunter.
    3. Archon, power weapon, tormentor helm, combat drugs, shadowfield - 165

If you have 5 points to spare you can chuck on a trophy rack or a hell mask, either is worth 5 points but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Both my HQ's are designed to take on the enemy troop choices and they are of course extremely effective in those rolls. I use DarkLances, Wytches and a Talos to deal with enemy Elites and HQ's

Dracon - no gear, 6 incubi
    The Dracon has no s-field so he's very vulnerable in CC. Usually my opponent does everything he can to hit the Lord which is fine because that saves the incubi from attacks. Against regular troop choices a Dracoin with Agonizer kills roughly the same as an incubi but is much more easily killed. I prefer having the extra incubi.

Archon - punisher, t-helm, p-grenades, drugs, s-field

I've been considering an anti-HQ/Elite hunter archon:
    Archon - bike, agonizer, t-helm, p-grenades, drugs, s-field
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread