2nd Hive Tyrant, walking shooty with 3 Tyrant Guards or Scythed Flyrant. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

2nd Hive Tyrant, walking shooty with 3 Tyrant Guards or Scythed Flyrant.

What do you use and prefer and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Thlaylie

What do you use and prefer and why?
    Well I only have one tyrant so far, and he is the scythed flyrant. I seriously think he is the greatest model in the game. I plan to get another one just like him. He is much more mobile, meaning he can fly to the best cover, or swoop down on whatever enemy he pleases. And being faster means he gets into combat quicker, which is where all tyranids belong.

I'm not very hot about the shooty tyrants, they seem to make very good mass-troop-killers, but come on that's what the rest of the army is for. I say take advantage of his mostrous creaturedom, and stick him in. Monstrous scythes are MUCH more effective against armour than a venom cannon, too. :ninja:
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Personally ive got a flyrant with scythes and im getting a second walker with guard with vc or twin devourers.

My reasoning for this is that im going to have a tooled up cc fex and have it walk behind my tyrant. That way i get to shoot on the way in and deal some death whilst providing mobile cover to get my fex into the battle without too much damage. If the tyrant dies and the fex makes it then ill be happy, if both make it then even better.

Im new to nids tho and this might not work!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my first Tyrant was a flying one and I love it. It provides great, fast synapse support and can take on most units on its own, making it great to hold flanks. Having said that I haven't used a walking tyrnat before, but I will soon as it's next on my shopping list. I think a tyrant with guard holding the middle is a scary site. Because this thread is about a sexond hive tyrant, I'm assuming you've already got one and it's a walking tyrant as you're considering a flying one. Because of that I'd definitely go a flying tyrant to add fast killing power to your force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

Yes, my 1rst Tyrant is a walking one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

it's hard to decide, for the simply reason that a Hive Tyrant has a decent amount of attacks and a decent ballistic skill. It makes shooting very plausible.
    but.. he's also great at CC.. oh what a dilema i am in. poor me.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of 2 scythed walking tyrant whit 2 guard.Tyrant got almost all the biomorph exept for +1 BS and got warp blast for range weapon. So very mean in CC but can also shoot.

Is this any good you think?
    Let slip the dogs of war.
    Bretonian (over 5k points)
    Tomb king (over 5k points)
    Ogre kingdom (4.5k points)
    Tyranid (3k points but not even half assemble,new army)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by panzer96 View Post
    I was thinking of 2 scythed walking tyrant whit 2 guard.Tyrant got almost all the biomorph exept for +1 BS and got warp blast for range weapon. So very mean in CC but can also shoot.

Is this any good you think?
    I pity the fool that thinks they can take on this guy.
    Yet.. with the guard, he's plodding along 6 inches a turn. Just avoid open spaces so he and his mates don't get lascannoned right out of their pants.
    Also, at this speed, a wise opponent will simply stay out of his way. Thus he won't see any combat at all.

Personally, i don't think it's a good idea to tool out tyrants or any units quite so much.
    The simple reason being that most of the upgrades you buy, you'll never use. Much better spent on 'stealers or raveners etc etc.

Mind you.. matchsticks on a bonfire, so they say. If he has warpblast, then why doesn't he have the ballistic skill to match it? Sure, he can't use the high end one, but.. if my marines could use warp blast with their tasty BS, then i sure as hell would take it .

With a guard, a shooty tyrant might be a bit better. VCs are a lot of hits at a decent strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincon
    I plan to get another one just like him.
    uuh.. Mr President. I don't want to correct you if you already know, but you can only have 1 Flyrant per army ^_^;;;
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread