The Horror - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Horror

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking that in the avent that you were playing a game and you ended up with your termagunts within 12 of the enemy and outside of 6(assault range)* after fleet of claw you would not be able to assault the enemy and you had a winged hive tyrant with the horror about 7 inches away, well you could place it infront of the enemy to protect the termagunts forcing your opponent to try(The Horror) to assault it instead of the termagaunts. I was wondering if you could latch it into the front rank of the termagaunts, because although the enemy would be able to still shoot either the tyrant or the termagaunts due to STBO, however would the enemy still be able to assault the termagaunts with the tyrant latched on BUT would the horror be extended to the termagaunts Since in assaulting the termagaunts you would be assulting the tyrant aswell.
    Or could the enemy assault the tyrant and have the termagaunts take the wounds?
    I know this is really what Tyrant guards are for but well its a sound idea.

I am asking this without access to the TAR.

* A minor error corrected

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Question, I'll have to look up the rules but personally i would say no, as the enemy is charging the gaunts, not the tyrant - he is just latching on for now. Let me look in the codex for the answer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the Horror is when you assault the Tyrant, not "the unit the tyrant is in". So no, that doesnt fly =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Under TAR the Tyrant is a unit of it's own. As such, the enemy can allocate attacks against it, and any wounds dealt stay with the Tyrant. The Gaunts have no effect.

... Except that the Tyrant doesn't actually need to be in BtB to strike the enemy. Of course, it can only throw a rock and spit Bioplasma, but the enemy wouldn't be able to allocate CC attacks to it... For that, they need to be in BtB with the Tyrant. Just thought of this, but would it work this way?

I'm tired so I don't trust my reasoning much at this point...

Clarifying:

Tyrant joins a brood of Gaunts. The combined brood assaults an enemy squad so that only Gaunts are in BtB with the enemy.

Since the tyrant is still a part of the brood (even if it counts as a unit of it's own), it could give a supporting attack (rock-throw) and possible Bioplasma, but the enemy couldn't allocate to the Tyrant since they aren't in contact with it.

Even if the enemy still could allocate to the Tyrant, they could only target it with supporting attacks, since no-one is in BtB with the Tyrant itself. And since the Tyrant is a separate unit, they would HAVE to be in contact with it to deal more than supporting attacks to it.

Am I making any sense at all, or am I too tired for my own good?
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well iv Solved this mistery:
    "Q. Does the effect of The Horror apply to enemy charging a unit a Hive
    Tyrant has joined or just to units charging the Hive Tyrant model itself."
    "A. Just to those charging the Hive Tyrant."

Closed Thread