New player wondering about nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New player wondering about nids

Ok, not really "new", but not that long either, I've been playing Tau for about four, five months now and I'm looking to try out the other end of the spectrum... Horde melee armies. I'm currently debating between tyranids and orks. Both sound super cool. So I would like for your people's divine knowledge on Nids and their pros and cons.

Mr. Porta Potty Man

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well to tell you the truth unless your hardcore about going orks and want a steep learning curve I would go tyranids. Tyranids have a pretty new codex and a recent FAQ while the Ork codex is probally one of the oldest around and its age is starting to show. Thats not to say Orks can't win or be fun its just that you will probally lose tons of battles first with your orks before you get the hang of them not to mention you have to do a lot of conversion work for orks (though if you like conversions orks probally woundn't be bad for you).

Now nids are no easy starting point either though they are pretty dam evil once you get the hang of them. We have probally the most powerfull CC units in the game and are 2nd only to IG for putting models on the board. You will almost never have to do pesky Ld test with synapse are won't have to worry about ID either.

Tyranids are also the most custmomizable list out there as you can have literally hundreds of combinations on warriors, hive tyrants, and carnifexs.

Their is a short little summary of tyranids though I could delve in a bit more....I just don't want to write that much sorry :rolleyes: .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Lictor just summed it up nicely, though I'll just expand a little more on the options and variations with nids. The amount you can customise your force to be yours is amazing. There are so many options in upgrades and force composition. You can make an entire army of monstrous creatures or of just small little bugs or both! Any option works well. You said you wanted a swarm army then you can easily make a good and competitive army and one that's unique to you.

Another thing is the beautiful models. They're an absoultely pleasure to paint which is important when there could be 100+ models to your swarm. When they're all painted they look awesome also, just a giant mass of organic death running over the battle field.

Well I hope it helps in your decision. Happy hunting.

+ Reply to Thread